[M&M 3E] October 1962 (Full)

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Ug. Obviously my last post about when I'd add to the game proved to be wildly inaccurate. It has been a bear of a week, and now I'm prepping to host many family members for dinner. I have no forgotten about this game. I have no abandoned this game. Please be patient two or three more days at most.

Thanks!

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
New post is up. Another 3 XP each, please. As the panic spreads, one thing is paramount: All of your characters ends up in the same shelter.

Did everyone else go out to the diner for lunch? If so, I'll get Jennifer out of the school so it makes sense for her to end up in a shelter that isn't in the school.

Oh, and I assume we shouldn't be spending these new XP yet either, right?

So how long would it take for my character to get to his fathers shelter? I am guessing to long but that would be his first instinct. second would be to find the closest shelter to his current location. He has been studying the map since he started eating.

tglassy

Adventurer
Ok, here is my character as he currently is. We currently have 5 XP that is being banked until the transformation moment, so this is just Power Level 1. Turns out he's likely going to be a Paragon, what with the flight and strength and what not. It'll be interesting to see him develop his powers slowly. I need to decide if he develops his wings early or not.

The Complications will change once the transformation happens, as Overweight may not be an issue, depending on how this all plays out.

Gabriel Green
(Hero; PL: 1; PP: 15/15)

Strength: 2; Agility: 0; Fighting: 0; Awareness: 0
Stamina: 1; Dexterity: 0; Intellect: 2; Presence: 0

Dodge: 0, Parry: 0, Fortitude: 1, Toughness: 1, Will: 1 (1 Rank)

SKILLS: Expertise: Science +4 (2 Ranks + 2 Int), Technology 4 (2 Ranks + 2 Int)
ADVANTAGES: Eidetic Memory, Well-Informed
LANGUAGES: English

Eyes: Blue Hair: Brown
Height: 6' 2" Weight: 310 lb.

BACKGROUND

Gabriel is an overweight nerd who never got along well with others at school. Born and raised in Texas, he moved to the area about five years ago, and that was when he started gaining weight. His father is a successful lawyer, and Gabriel inherited his keen mind. He has proven uninterested in things like sports or dating. Not because he doesn't want to do them, but because his physique makes both difficult.

He has three sisters, all younger than he by a few years, whom he would die to protect, even as they poke fun at him. He has a good relationship with his family, and wants to make his father proud, though he's not entirely sure how to do that.

Unbeknownst to anyone else, his deepest desire is to join the military. He loves America and believes in what it stands for. He has a strong sense of Justice, as well, having been picked on for the past few years for not only being the new kid, but also for being overweight.

At 18, and over 300 lbs, joining the military seems like a pipe dream, but it is a dream, nonetheless. He is considering becoming a Lawyer, like his father. At least then he could help those who need helping, and put away those who need to be put away. But he can't help but dream of being a Soldier.

COMPLICATIONS
  • Motivation: Patriotism, Justice
  • Disability: Overweight
TOTALS: Abilities: 10, Powers: 0, Advantages: 2, Skills: 2, Defenses: 1 -> 15

Point Bank: 5

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
jmucchiello: Whatever works narratively. She could, for example, exit the school and see the other characters rushing from point A to point B. Also, don't spend XP yet. That's coming soon.

VLAD the Destroyer: Whatever works narratively. These are comic book distances. I can make either one work. Based on what has been described, it probably makes the most sense that there is a closer shelter than his family's shelter.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
All right, y'all. This is transformation time. Power points earned up to know are still earned. They are not part of the base used to create a PL 5 hero. Spend them if you want, but that's not required. In game, feel free to describe your character's transformation from high school student to youthful metahuman.

tglassy

Adventurer
Sweet! I’ll try to have that by this evening. I need to actually make the PL 5 character.

I have a question. One thing I want him to have is Immortality. Basically, he can die, and when he does, his body burns to ash, bone and all. Some time later (determined by his rank), and the ash that was his body disappears and he is “Born Again” in a ball of light somewhere close by. He has a whole fiery Phoenix motif going. I’m waffling between calling him The Phoenix and Seraph.

My original thought was that he doesn’t actually transform completely until he is reborn the first time.

I guess the question is: should the entire transformation happen now, or could it be gradual? Things like Wings, a chiseled physique and the ability to wield fire could be interesting to see come on gradually.

Remove ads