M&M game interest?

fireinthedust

Explorer
he-man-by-earl-norem.jpg

battle71.jpg

Warner-Bros.-features-Young-Justice-footage-at-Comic-Con-2010.jpg

2h3x8jt.jpg

barsoomfrazetta.jpg

Had a game die on me, just after I completed another with a different group. (my plan is to do an e20 pathfinder game, then go back to a different level maybe; at the same time, run an off-system game throughout)

So, I'd like to run an M&M game at some point.

This is checking interest.

I have several options:

1) Superhero murder mystery/crime spree solutions. Possibly in DC, possibly in a homebrew, possibly in Marvel.

2) Masters of the Universe (space fantasy, essentially; Earth is somewhere out there, but on this other planet beefy barbarians weild blades and blasters against sorcerers and their armies of robots)

2a) would be a unique setting with MotU as a theme; we'd work as a group to make it awesome. Likely more mature than the original series, going back to the roots of Conan and other Sword & Sorcery stories. I personally would love to play this.

2b) would be using the filmation setting; yes you can be she-ra. Also likely more mature, but the series holds up in my view; Mobius did the character design on a lot of it, and Paul Dini did the scripts, so this isn't a loss by a long shot.

3) Challenge of the Super Friends: not quite, but we'd be a Justice League fighting a Legion of evil. More a la JLU season 2, or even Alex Ross' "Justice" miniseries (which was great). Or Avengers, if you prefer. Original characters, though we can set it in a familiar world (which, btw, is about to be attacked by aliens, under the thrall of Dr. Villainy! --or something). Mars Attacks.

EDIT:

4) Young Justice: just saw the trailer. loving this idea. Sidekicks teaming up.

5) Venture Bros-style heroes in an unfortunate series of events that may form an adventure.

Option 2b
[img=http://www.myfreewallpapers.net/comics/wallpapers/he-man-by-earl-norem.jpg]

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
serious interest only, pls. I'll be putting a lot of work into preparation for this, so I'd like to know players will stick around for at least one scenario.

Walking Dad

First Post
Highly interested.

Love the ideas 1-4, but are most fond of 2a.
The MotU 200x serial was a bit more mature (no talking Battle Cat, Adam and He-Man actually looked different, ...) that we can extrapolate on.

Edit: Will this be 2nd or 3rd edition? I have a DCH book and most 2nd stuff, so both are fine for me.

Last edited:

Zadaine

First Post
I like 1 and 2a the most. Same question as Walking Dad, which edition is this, and what's the power level for each of the different options?

fireinthedust

Explorer
Edition: I got a copy of DCA, and would like to learn it as best I can. 2e is great, and I've enjoyed it, but 3e is current; if I created a setting and wanted to publish it one day (which I might), it would need to be in 3e. Ergo less work. ;)

Power Level: I don't know. Approximately?

1) Doesn't matter. The emphasis would be as much on combat as it would be in solving the crimes. There would be a puzzle or series of puzzles, a la the Riddler, or Long Halloween. I could do this Gotham Knights style, or Justice League level (so low PL or medium/PL10).

2) PL10. Both A and B are heroic options, although A might not need the plastic-and-neon aspect if we're going more gritty. Characters would be champions on said fantasy planet, either Eternia/Etheria (option B), or else a homebrew setting (option A).

3) PL10, less restriction on powers. Expect monkeys with jet packs, space stations orbiting the dark side of the moon, and a league of villainy. This could take itself very seriously, however.

4) PL 6-8, with emphasis on villains and heroes making a big deal about how you're sidekicks, and emphasis on trying to show you're worthy of the big leagues. You'd literally all be sidekicks. Some similarity to 3 and 1, and is more along the lines of what age your characters are, and the role they fill. Likely serious 4-color, if that makes sense.

5) PL5-6, or by concept. Less emphasis on stats, way more on concept and situations. Watch the Venture Bros. Not serious. In theory, experimental. You'd be responsible for determining what you're interested in doing, even if it's unusual.

Remove ads