M&M3e (DCA) Young Justice: Home Alone

Shayuri

First Post
Echo's voice crackles over the team's communicators.

"This 'Boyzarro' is a clone of Superman, using some kind of plant life as a substrate for some reason. STAR Labs is creating a vast number of them. It's a black project, officially designated as medical research. They're acting on the orders of an outside group though, and that's where they seem to have obtained samples of his DNA."

"I wasn't able to maintain access long enough to find a countermeasure or failsafe. Keep searching the labs. Their computers may store data locally that I couldn't access over the network before it shut down."

She then glances back around to the plane thinking...

(OOC - Any chance of salvaging one of those Kryptonite robot bodies we were bringing back to the HQ for study? All she really needs is the green glowing rock in their hearts. :))

fireinthedust

Explorer
OOC: My computer nearly died the other day. I've been waiting to find out if a virus wiped the hard drive and all my notes for my projects with it. Luckily the night before I had transferred most everything to the portable hard drive, so I wouldn't lose the adventures, etc. Still, very scary couple of days.

Claws: You hack off bunches of the green stuff. Taking a full round, you go nuts on the green stuff, bits of it going flying. This stuff is thick, but you break off large chunks. Eventually a large crack opens near Chirp's face, so he can once more breathe.

Green Dragon: You approach the giant robot. You see there is a whole line of them up here, a small group. Lifting the tarp you can see they're classic-looking robots, almost out of a 1950s kids show. Their parts look much more high tech, though, such as iPad-style surfaces for the eyes.

Echo: Nah, the robot bodies are trashed. The green glowing rock, however, would need a scan to see if you can find a shard. Whether it survived the crash, though...

Solaris: The dazzle goes off, and the puppeteer burys his eyes in his elbow behind scarface. Scarface is tucked into the puppeteer's neck, hiding his eyes as well.

Gaaaaah! They gat me! Do something, dummy! I want that goof fried!

With that, the puppeteer moves his other hand (until now blocked from your sight) out where you can see it. Initially it conceals yet another puppet, but this one is different from the first. The body is like a Muppet, with bright orange body and a massive pink fringe of hair on its head. However, as you get a look at the Pupeteer's arm, you see that closer to the shoulder it's been replaced by a GIANT ROBOTIC ARM, transforming this humble puppeteer into a cyborg! Eyes still covered, the new puppet doesn't seem to be bothered by its master's lack of vision. It's googly eyes roll around in its head before locking on Solaris and following him about the room.

Woo woo woooooOOOOOOO! On the last "woo" its mouth opens too-round, showing that its throat is some kind of laser canon. Without further ado, a white light builds in the shaft before rocketing towards you. The path of the bolt curves around the room before striking, so you're not sure if it can go around corners or not.

cassius335

First Post
OOC: First things first, then...

EDIT:
OOC: Yes!

Solaris dodged, the attack missing narrowly.

I'd better do something before it decides to come back

With a roar, his head still blazing with light & heat, Solaris lunged forward at full Super-Speed. As he charged, in a that one brief moment, a Solar Claw materialised around his right wrist. He reached the puppeteer and swiped, aiming to destroy the second puppet before it tried to fire again.

OOC: Free Action: maintain Environment

Move Action: Charge at The Ventriloquist

Standard Action: Full Power Attack to attempt to destroy the second puppet...

EDIT2:
OOC: Hmm, guess not. On the upside, The Ventriloquist is now about 1ft away from the very bright oven that is Solaris's head...

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post

"Can you... I don't know... vibrate free or somethin? Or do you need me to remove the rest?"
Dre-Cat quickly asks the Chirp.

[sblock=OOC]
Holding action until answer.

OFFENSE
Initiative +2
Unarmed +9 Close , Damage 1 (currently +9)
(Varies based on shape)

DEFENSE:
Dodge 7
Parry 7
Fortitude 9
Toughness 9
Will 9

[/sblock]

Zerith

First Post
The chirp was just taking a moment; he almost suffocated to death and then his face was almost clawed off ‘nice kitty… good kitty…’ he thought after taking three deep gasping coughing breaths that bleed together into a single sound. He then answered the question, at length, “Even assuming I’m somehow able to vibrant quickly enough to so, and doing so would not brake every bone in my body the resulting air presser buffeting could be enough to either cause hearing lose, possibly even potentially fatal internal bleeding as well, and then it could potentially bring the building down around our heads if not directly kill us. But then again, I should basically blowup every time I break the sound barrier and I should also shatter windows as I run by buildings, instead I just make a small gust. …You know what? I should really stop trying to analyze everything, talking-gas-monster-dragon-cat-thing, and maybe figure out what your name is… But yes, if my running past normal windows at supersonic speeds dos not much affects them, much less break them, then if I vibrated in place it should not cause innumerous sonic waves that destroy everything in my vicinity. And while I don’t think I can outright break this, foliage, it might loosen and weaken it enough for me to get out!” Chirpy said, meanwhile any one listening would have just hared an insane squeal that ended on an oddly pleased note.
The pains of talking to someone who’s mind and mouth was permanently on hyper fast forwards.

The Chirp quickly felt silly, he was trying to ‘vibrate’ himself lose so that he could jest wiggle himself free, instead he felt like he was just squirming in place and rocking back and forth very minutely rather than accomplishing what he meant to do.

[sblock=if Successful]The Chirp’s attempt subtly stretches the mossy growth while he inches his way out of the weakened cocoon through the, widening, hole that Dre made. He then stands up and shacks off any remaining moss before turning to Dre “Thank you!” the chirp said, he spoke considerably slower but still with such speed that he blurred his sentence, making it sound like “Th’ou!” he considered going after boyzarro, but thought better of going off on his own, for the time being he decide to fallow the talking-gas-monster-dragon-cat-thing[/sblock]

[sblock=If not] The chirp succeeded! … in rocking back and forth fruitlessly. After a brisk moment of making himself look foolish Chirpy abruptly halted his attempt and coyly glanced over to Dre and said “…Nop” just barely slow enough that his single word could be understood.[/sblock]

[sblock=OoC]I need to get sleight of hand, I did not realize that getting out of restraints and contorting was SoH >_<[/sblock]

Remove ads