D&D General M. T. Black made his own 5e clone. Iskandar Players Handbook.

TheAlkaizer

Game Designer
I've been wonder if someone would show up and compile a version from pieces and parts of different versions, like a custom Linux Kernel.
It's not a bad idea... imagine having a core system. And you can go on a website and either through a questionnaire or a wizard check certain options to include modules depending on the type of experience you want, and you get a PDF with the mechanics and systems you chose at the end.

It's no different then what we kind of already do by ignoring certain rules, tweaking others and borrowing some; but imagine just being able to have a clean PDF for different campaigns/tables/settings.

I've played Burning Wheel recently. It's a lot. But one great thing is that it tells you outright to read the core rules, play with just these and then just incorporate systems and rules as you need them thematically. It made the first contact way smoother.

This looks like a must-have and I'm familiar with M.T. Black's work. It is great - I have purchased some of his material!
I sadly did not get paid for this comment. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
and now Gold!

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 9.52.07 PM.png

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Just bought it and on a quick look over I am really disappointed. I am hoping when I have more time I will find some value in this, otherwise it is a waste of $4... :(

Live and learn, I guess...

dave2008

Legend
Just bought it and on a quick look over I am really disappointed. I am hoping when I have more time I will find some value in this, otherwise it is a waste of $4... :(

Live and learn, I guess...
EDIT: I took another look and I have changed my opinion. You can read my thoughts here: Iskandar PHB 2nd Look. I am keeping the comment below intact so as not to censure my past mistake!

I was disappointed too. It is basically a reprint of books I have. :confused: I was expecting more new and/or revised content. The one thing I did get from it was a simplified layout. But as far as I can tell it is just a reprint of the PHB. I didn't see anything new. But it was just a quick scan.

That being said I don't mind giving M.T. my money because I love his Dragon Magazine articles here on EnWorld! They always make my day!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases