• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

Erekose13

Explorer
Glad to be back with the group, Tenebrynn is happy to compare notes with Ashnar. "I do not have such a spell either. I wonder if I might find a copy of it in the library tomorrow. By the way might you have a 100 coin that I might borrow, I find myself a bit short after our spell trading. I agree with you that the trap doors are perfect for cloak and dagger work and make this inn and its innkeeper all the more shady. Have there been any other leads from the other 2 pieces of evidence. Might I see them again?" says Tenebrynn in parts to all gathered upstairs quietly and with all due need for secrecy.

Velmont

First Post
"You always need to have enough money to pay your most valuable item... so says a friend of mine." whispers Rinaldo, handing a pouch of gold pieces. "That should do. I will enter it in our work expences."

"I think everyone want to hear everyone's else day. Let start with our. If I forgot something, interrupt me." he says to Ashnar and Eanos. "We've found the button origin. Most likely to be the one missing on our host vest. You won't see the missing one, it is under his apron. It is his tailor who made the vest, and hadn't touch it for a while. For the hair. It is an ape's hair. Now, that would likely lead us to the Prince who collect animals... but now that I think of it, he ask us for an ape for his collection. We didn't had the chance to see it, but most likely he has none. Outside his passion for animals, the prince have a passion for a girl. She's named Esmeralda Persephone."

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan is impressed with all the news. "You know where the button came from and I know where the string came from. Balmorow, who runs the Theatre of Mystic Celebrations, has a lute with strings dyed a magnificent golden colour. It's missing one string. A guy names Wilbur who works at the theatre admitted to having borrowed it and broken the string.

"Wilbur made an offhand remark about knowing everyone in this town, it's so small. It makes me wonder. He no doubt knows the owner of the button too."

jkason

First Post
Eanos

"Abraham seems to do a steady business, so it's probably safe to assume he and this Wilbur would have come into some level of contact, certainly. It's still a lot of odd clues that don't quite add up. I can see the victim grabbbing at a shirt and pulling off a button, but what use is a lute in a murder, and where in blazes would an ape come in?"

NakuruSai

First Post
Mordik tugs at his beard, disheveling it even more, if that would be possible. He listens intently while no one is talking for eavesdroppers.(making note of the door and any openings he sees in the room)
He adds,
[smallcaps]There seems to be only one connection between all these pieces of information, and I could imagine if I were needing ter...erm..get rid of someone that's been making me girl swoon...I'd want to mess the clues as much as possible. Maybe throw as many other people's items in that it'd confuse an investigation....that really doesnt explain The lute, however...why bring it? ...Unless it was part of getting into the room ter begin with.. [/smallcaps]
Mordik seems caught up in his own thoughts.

orsal

LEW Judge
NakuruSai said:
that really doesnt explain The lute, however...why bring it? ...Unless it was part of getting into the room ter begin with.. [/smallcaps][/color]
Mordik seems caught up in his own thoughts.

Nurlan says, "If in fact the lute was brought along. Perhaps Wilbur just took the string? But why? It's much too easy to trace."

jkason

First Post
Eanos

"I'd be inclined to say these elements were an easy set-up, framing an innkeep and a musician, but these trap doors say Abraham is clearly much more than he wants people to think. Rinaldo, any luck with the lock?"

Velmont

First Post
"Hardly, as the lock is on the other side..."
(OOC: I'll edit if it was possible)
"But there is one thing in common with all those items. They all lead here, when the crime wasn't here. If I was an assassin, I would have planted items that lead far from me, not close to me. If they were planted, why leading us here. If they are really clues, in that case, we need to see what is the link between them.

Anyone have thought to ask about Duke Jara? I wonder if he was known here and what could link him to the person the clues point. What would be the interest of Wilbur to kill the Amiral? And the Prince? As I suppose the ape hair lead to him, even if he is still searching for one. And what of Abraham?

We have some suspsect, but no known mobile. We'll need to search that way.

Let see what we know. The Duke have been stab in the back, which mean he had been standing. If you are asleep or sitting, you're back is not easily reachable. The assassin was in his back, which mean or he is pretty silent or he was someone close enough to Jara that he didn't bother to let his back open to him. A single stab, no sign of struggle. The assissin wasn't a mere thug. The heart was removed. It must have been premeditated and plan enough to think of the option of ressuraction. You can kill with a dagger, but you won't be able to open the rib cage with it.

The autorities think it is a plot against the nation, not the Amiral alone."

Manzanita

First Post
NakuruSai said:
Mordik tugs at his beard, disheveling it even more, if that would be possible. He listens intently while no one is talking for eavesdroppers.(making note of the door and any openings he sees in the room)

The group discusses their findings and theories in whispers. Mordik stays near the door. After a while he hears some footsteps outside. They approach the door. Mordik hears a yawn.

orsal

LEW Judge
jkason said:
"I'd be inclined to say these elements were an easy set-up, framing an innkeep and a musician,"

Nurlan shakes his head. "If the goal was to frame Balmorrow, Wilbur wouldn't have so readily admitted to taking the lute, and if it was to frame Wilbur, I don't see how the assassin would have been able to count on pinning it on him."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads