• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo take a look at the path, instinctively trying to see if someone have walk it some time ago. He follows Eanos into the building and take a quick look. "Interesting..."

Manzanita

First Post
Nurlan and Mordik. Please post in your thread. Indicate you are heading for the theater, or that you wish to speak to someone in the inn. Or whatever.

Eanos pushes open the door, as Rinaldo strays behind examining the ground. Rinaldo can't tell if anyone has been using the path.

Inside, the house is quite dark. Thin beams of sunlight shine in through cracks in the walls and ceiling. The light from the open door reveal an largely empty. There are some pots and a pile of blankets in a corner.

With a start, Eanos notices a man in the shadows beside the doorway, standing perfectly still, pointing a long blade at the monk. He is hidden in shadow, and could have easily been missed.

I made your spot check - nice job!

jkason

First Post
Manzanita said:
With a start, Eanos notices a man in the shadows beside the doorway, standing perfectly still, pointing a long blade at the monk. He is hidden in shadow, and could have easily been missed.

I made your spot check - nice job!

OOC: Thanks goodness for ranks in Spot! Eanos has few enough hit points without surprise attacks. ;)

Eanos jumps as he catches sight of the man waiting in apparent ambush. He brings up his quarterstaff to defend himself, but doesn't attack unless he sees the man moving to use his blade.

"Identify yourself!" he orders the lurking stranger, adding "Master Rinaldo, be at your guard, we are not alone."

jkason

First Post
Eanos maintains the standoff, though he tries to keep his voice even and unthreatening.

"Master Rinaldo here is a merchant. He was told this building was empty and available for use. You say it belongs to you?"

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo enters and as he sees the men, he move behind Eanos, as he is weaponless. He waits for the man answer without doing anything else, to be sure not to scare the man.

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo shows some disapoitment. "Sad, it could have been a nice place to place my trading post. We'll find another place." Rinaldo looks around. "This house could do with some reparation. Maybe you would like to put some money in it. I might even know how you could do some." His gaze fall back on the man "Maybe you're not the type interested in it. I think we'll leave."

Rinaldo seems to hesitate to leave. He looks at the reaction of the man at the possibility of making money. After a few seconds, he calmly start to walks out of the place.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads