M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

Velmont

First Post
"Oh? Yeah!" Rinaldo search his empty pouch to take out teh ape hair. "We also found that hair. One of the prince man told us it was an ape hair. We found it on the same crime site than the other two clue. We first suspect the Prince, but there is also a possibility that such an hair havn't be planted like the other clues. If it wasn't then we suspect it could have come from the jungle here. The meeting place of Basmar, Orcar, Philmar and there 'client' is south of here. The hair could come from there, which mean the assassin have met someone there. Also, the prince is still seacrhing ape for his collection. It think it is the most blurry of all those clue and planted or not, we need to understand what it mean."

Manzanita

First Post
Martin examines the clump of hair with interest.

"This is no dog hair. I suspect the Prince is right about this being ape hair. I have great respect for the Prince's knowledge of animals, though not his moral values. I think you're wrong that the Prince has no apes. I've caught glimpses of unnatural creatures on that island. They looked like winged apes to me. And they might well make good assassins. I suspect the Prince is involved with the guild. That would certainly allow them to operate here with impunity."

"No, no, my friend." Balmorrow smiles at Martin and the party. "As you can see, we can not agree on who runs this guild. If the Prince were in charge, they wouldn't have to be so undercover. Plus, I think the Prince makes his money off selling these creatures he breeds, not from assassinations. I think someone's trying to set up the Prince just like they're setting us up."

"But why set up the Prince?" asks Abraham. "Set him up for whom? It would take a small army to capture or kill the Prince. He's the law here. Personally I wouldn't set foot on that island. It's a very scary place. I suggest you exercise great caution there tomorrow, Tenebrynn."

Velmont

First Post
"No, that makes a lot of sense Balmorrow." replies Rinaldo. "You are confirming one more thing I was thinking. It was not exactly that, but very similar. If he is the law here, an assassin guild would most likely to get rid of him and put someone of there own there. Tell me, who is most likely to take control of this region if the Prince is arrested for assassination?"

Manzanita

First Post
"The Prince has no heirs. It has been a worry. We were all excited when we heard he would be marrying the princess of Monemvassia. She would give him an heir, and would cement good relations with Monemvassia. He has some cousins, I've heard. But I'm not sure where they are. I suppose Arness would continue to govern Three Rings until we could find a successor for Phillip. It's possible Monemvassia would annex us if it feared we would decend into chaos, or be taken over by some other power." says Balmorrow.

Velmont

First Post
"That's what I thought. Just one last question before I tell you my hypothesis, Arness crown, have it always been like it is now?" asks Rinaldo, expecting that question would lead Balmorrow to the same conclusion as his.

Manzanita

First Post
Velmont said:
"That's what I thought. Just one last question before I tell you my hypothesis, Arness crown, have it always been like it is now?" asks Rinaldo, expecting that question would lead Balmorrow to the same conclusion as his.

"Yes, its nice, isn't it. She's getting money somehow, isn't she? No. It wasn't like that when she took over." agrees Balmorrow.

Velmont

First Post
"A mayor generally gain money by taking it from it citizen. I don't see misery around here, so I don't think she gain it like that. She must have a sideline. I thought she could be a contact of the Black Hand. After all, she left five years to train as a wizard. She had plenty of chance to make tied with it. She came back with Tellish. Tellish is no wizard. A wizard who spend five years in an academy is more concern with book then flirting and she is most likely to fall on a wizard. It is not impossible, but she would most likely come back with a wizard.

And if I was the head of a guild, I would like to put someone in power, but I wouldn't put my best man on the front line. I would put someone I can give to my enemy if the need is there, and I will put the one I have a total trust behind that figure. If I am right, Tellish would be an important member of the guild, and Arness just a puppet.

But I have no proof of that yet, just suspicion, but it worth investigating in that way. Or maybe you have something new for em that would make that hypothesis false?"

NakuruSai

First Post
But what about you, Mordik? I don't absolutely need your services, and if Rinaldo's group needs a little help do you want to join them?"
[smallcaps]I'd join 'em, if ye dont need me, Aye. Seems like a good enough reason to stretch m' legs. [/smallcaps]

Erekose13

Explorer
"Thank you for the warning Abraham, I will exercise all due caution. Well I think I am going to turn in for the night so that I might be ready for the morrow. Ashnar if you have a moment I wanted to speak to you regarding your research today." replies Tenebrynn before heading back up to his room.

Manzanita

First Post
Well, what's the plan?

Tenebrynn is visiting Prince Phillip tomorrow. Ashnar stilll going with him? What is the plan there?

Balmorrow is planning to interogate Wilbur tormorrow. Anyone want to be there?

Abraham has offered the use of his tunnels to investigate anyone's rooms. Is anyone planning to take adavantage of that? Any other ideas?

Remove ads