• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn doesn't pick up on whatever was hidding in that sblock.

To his companions, "Razh, help me pick up Eanos. We're retreating. Rinaldo if you can fead this lump another of those we need to get back to Ashnar. Ogrin, Nurlan drag Ashnar out of the room." then more quietly to Rinaldo and Razh, "We'll hold together better if we stick together. Let's reform at the entry way and try ranged attacks again. I think there was some kind of wall between us and Kazikazi. He'll be past it soon and I'll try my ranged spells again. I still have a lot left."

Then he quickly downs a potion of cure light wounds before picking up Eanos.

(Ooc: how far down the hall have they moved towards us?)

[sblock=rolls]Know local 14, Potion 7[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
Rinaldo's CS only lists one potion of CLWs, and it was just used on Eanos. Is he now drinking his CMW potion? Or did he already? Tenebrynn's post encourages discusion, but as game time runs quickly, I'm going to go ahead & have everyone act as stated. Razh will be NPCed according to Ten's direction.

Round 11 (con't)
Rinaldo....(I'll wait to resolve his action)
Ogrin or spot check DC 10 [sblock]Ogrindrinks his potion, disapears, and advances 20 feet into the room. As he generally moves pretty quietly, and was behind everyone, I'll say it requires a spot check DC 10 to realize he has returned and become invisible. [/sblock]
Those who fail think Ogrin still hasn't returned from his retreat.

Tenebrynn retrieves a potion & drinks, bringing him to 10 hps.

Razh sheaths his weapons, and picks up Eanos under his shoulders.

Nurlan begins singing, and his stirring song immediately puts renewed courage in everyone's heart. He then fires an arrow at the slowly advancing hobgoblin, but misses.

Kazikazi (who had delayed his action to see what the party would do) fires his crossbow at someone, but its hard to say who, as it comes no where close to anyone. He then moves back to his throne. The hobgoblin and gnoll advance quite slowly, and are still a good 60 feet from the closest party members, Eanos and Razh. They are nearly 120 feet from Nurlan in the back.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Yeap, it was a potion of CMW... and only 7 hp :([/SBLOCK] "They are moving like zombies... " Rinaldo sheets his rapier and draw his crossbow while retreating with the group.

Erekose13

Explorer
Holding his staff in one hand, Tenebrynn readies a scorching ray to launch at the first creature to move within 35' while he covers Razh's retreat, keeping pace with his encumbered companion. He has noticed Ogrin's entrance, but will refrain from calling back his friend and thus negating the element of surprise.

[sblock=ooc]spot vs. ogrin, ranged touch when it applies, dmg for scorching ray. (1d20+1=14, 1d20+6=24, 4d6=12)

so move with Razh
ready action to cast scorching ray when something comes close
hit and damage as above[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Spot: 14[/SBLOCK]

"If they are zombie, they'll take time to reach you and we'll have easy time to go around... with Orgrin invisible, the retreat might not be the best option. Do you have a potion. I just knock out Mordik, he should be easy to wake up with one."

Erekose13

Explorer
With Rinaldo's suggestion coming before Tenebrynn has a chance to ready his spell, he'll instead draw a cure light wounds potion and administer it to Eanos. "Gotcha"

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I was suggetsing Mordik, not Eanos. Mordik have a lot of subdual damage that Rinaldo have done while he was confused and his sap in hand not to see his rapier destroyed by the rust monster. So a potion would be double effective on him (healing teh same amount of subdual and lethal admage...[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I have a couple of healing potions and Eanos is right there beside Ten. I'll move to Mordik next round and get him standing too. Tenebrynn wants everyone sticking together as much as possible.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads