• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mac saves teen from D&D

Aeric

Explorer
IronWolf said:
Yeah and here I was expecting to see how a Macintosh computer saved someone from D&D! :lol:

Well, they do have World of Warcraft for Macintosh...perhaps he became a Basement Elf! :)

The Cardinal

First Post
Lady Firehawk said:
Well... I *AM* a girl, so there. :p The only girl in my gaming group, but ehhhh... also the only Christian, which sorta puts me out of any of their sights in terms of dateability. (This is where I get screwed over because there aren't too many Christian gamer guys around here... blehhhh. No wonder I'm 19 and have never had a boyfriend.

Without disrespect: How can being a Christian (or not) be relevant to dating? Is that some weird US of A thing?

Last edited:

Romnipotent

First Post
on my wednesday night USA game theres 4 guys (ones a DM, and another hardly turns up), and 3 gals...
Means the guys are constantly in one of three modes; Protection/Valour, Fighting them off till a more appropriate time, caving in and being used as toys.

Aust Diamondew

First Post
devilbat said:
I suggest young gamers go the route I did. In elementary and middle school, play the sports, socialize and get popular. Pick up gaming in high school, once you've already established yourself in the crowd you wish to associate yourself. That way you have the best of both worlds, and it's easier to convert jocks to gamers, as I was.
That would work, unless of course you move hundreds of miles to a new city when you're in the 8th grade ;).
Ditto on what people have said about the macintosh computer thing others have said.

Grimstaff

Explorer
You nerds need to get out more! :] teehee

"Mac" is an ...erm... urban term for someone with great playa skills...um....good at flirting...uh...never mind.

Xombie Master

First Post
I never had a problem with the ladies, DnD had no effect on my sex life. That's not bragging hell sometimes I think they got in the way of my Dungeons and Dragons. ;)

Rackhir

Explorer
The Cardinal said:
Without disrespect: How can being a Christian (or not) be relevant to dating? Is that some weird US of A thing?

People in the US who prominently identify themselves as Christian, generally are those who have built their lives around their religion. They also tend to be of the evangelical Christian persuasion, since those groups place a heavy emphasis on religion being an active force in their lives. Most people who aren't as religious wouldn't use it as a primary identifier, like "I'm a geek." or "I'm a southerner."

My guess would be that either she's looking for another Christian to date, they are put off by the importance of her religion in her life or some combination there of.

I think the "Mac" was a misspelling as well, there was a '70s blacksploitation film called "The Mack" about a pimp.

Remove ads