• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mad God's Key - Chapter One

Dragoon

First Post
"Yargg, we could take 'em back to my captain's barge and keelhaul 'em 'till he be talkin."

occ: sorry for not posting lately, I've been sick the last couple of days.

Thanee

First Post
Llhuna

“Let's dump him in the water. You guys look stronger than I am. Either he talks, or he drowns, and we get the knowledge either way.”

helium3

First Post
Urkulyr looks at Irontusk and sighs.

"Nah. This guy's too tough a nut to crack and I won't be party to actually killing him in cold blood. Let's just turn him over to the city guard. They've got those two other guys that know he's the one that took what we're looking for. The City Guard will probably have a better chance of finding out where what we're looking for is, and even if they don't they're the ones that have the authority to deal with thieves, not us."

Thanee

First Post
Llhuna

“You are right, of course. The intent was not to let him drown, but it could happen on accident even, which would not be good. I don't have such a black heart in me.” The elf smiles. “And obviously I'm not good at interrogations either. But I do have a few qualities, which you could already observe, that might prove useful, nonetheless.”

...and if you say a wrong thing now, you can witness them right here... Lhuna thinks, realizing how ambiguous her statement was.

“Let's bring him to the guards then. I hear there are harsh punishments for thieves, he will wish we had actually thrown him into the water,” she ends with a wink, giving Irontusk a last chance to reconsider before his fate is sealed.

Tinner

First Post
Irontusk never bats an eye at Urkulyr and Llhuna's comments, but something about the way Kel says "keelhaul" seems to unnerve him.

"Hold on folks. Let's don't be so hasty ... look, if youse promise to let me go free, I'll tell ya where ta find da key. Let's not have any more talk of ... *ulp* keelhaulin'"

OOC: I gave Kel an intimidate test with 2 Aid Another's as well as a favorable circumstance bonus since a sailor would know how to threaten a river rat like Irontusk. He's willing to negotiate now.

Dragoon

First Post
"That be the wise choice thar Irontusk, as a fellow riverman, ye be knowin' to well what a keelhaulin be."

"So then lads and lasses what to do we wont to know from this pile of bilge rat dung?"

Tinner

First Post
"I don't have da key." Irontusk stammers. "I was hired to get it by da Green Dagger Gang. I dropped it off wif dem first ting dis mornin'. Da gang hangs out in an old merchant house in da River Quarter. You want da key. Dat's where ta find it."

Tinner

First Post
Irontusk reaches into his pocket and produces a scrap parchment, which he hands to Urkulyr.
"Here's da map o' where I was s'posed ta take da key. I met wit two members of da Green Daggers. One was real sick. Da udder one was a rich-lookin' elf. Dey offered me 100 gold for dat key. I dropped it off earlier this morning. Dey both wore all black, wif little green dagger pins in der cloaks. You kin check it out fer yerselves! I'll even show ya where da place is if you'll let me go afterwards!"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads