• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mad God's Key - Chapter One

helium3

First Post
Urkulyr thuds up behind the woman while re-slinging the greataxe across his back.

"Thanks for the assist, miss. I reckon yer right, but I'm none too thrilled about navigating that bonfire."

He peers at the conflagration, attempting to discern a clear path or perhaps a way of quenching the flames.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Nuressa looks around wistfully to see if there's anyone who might be able to rescue the half-orc. If not, then she'll divest herself of her armor & weapons and follow that with a running leap onto the burning barge to get Irontusk to safety.

"Well, what do we say old girl? Is it up to us?"

(OOC: Jump (untrained) +3 (str))

helium3

First Post
OOC: I'm just waiting for Tinner to describe whether or not the entire barge is on fire or if there's a way to get to Irontusk without burning myself.

Thanee

First Post
Llhuna

Llhuna is pondering, whether it might be helpful to soak her cloak in the water and then wrap it around her for protection, while dashing through the fire, in order to jump to the next boat.

Tinner

First Post
helium3 said:
OOC: I'm just waiting for Tinner to describe whether or not the entire barge is on fire or if there's a way to get to Irontusk without burning myself.

The barge closest to the dock is the one on fire.
Irontusk is laying on the second barge, which contains loose coal. Nearby sparks from the first barge could ignite the coal.

Nearby merchants are reacting to the blaze. Barges are being shifted away from the fire.
The burning barge is being cut loose from the dock and poled out into the river.

It's a simple matter to pull in Irontusk. Kel can drag him through the water and up to the docks. Easy-Peasy.

Dragoon

First Post
"Aye I can grab em, the dirty bilge rat," Kel yells back to Urkulyr. Kel continues to swim until he reaches Irontusk, then grabs and swims towards a safe spot on the docks climb out of the water.

Tinner

First Post
As Kel drags the water-logged half-orc up on shore, Eldred finally joins the group on the dock.

"I ... have ... had ... a ... vision!" the winded wizard pants. "You all must speak to this half-orc and carry on the quest for the key, but I am needed elsewhere."

Eldred pauses and looks at Llhuna.

"Good lady elf, my vision also revealed that you are to take my place amongst my companions." He hands Llhuna a small sack. "I hope you will heed my prophecy and join the quest. My vision showed me that you would be needing these items."

With that said, Eldred turns on his heel, and without saying another word, departs into the city.

OOC: Sleepystyle hasn't logged on in a month, so Eldred is out and Llhuna is in.

When Llhuna checks the bag, she finds it contains [sblock]10 gp, 2 scrolls of Lesser Orb of Fire, and one vial of Alchemist's Fire.[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Llhuna

“Yes... uhm... thank you...”

As the wizard departs, Llhuna turns to the others.

“Well, it appears like I am meant to accompany you for a while. How about you tell me more about this quest you... we... are on? A key? And what has this half-orc to do with it? Oh, and I'm Llhuna.”

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads