• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mad God's Key - Chapter One

Dragoon

First Post
Kel continues a steady swimming stroke towards the burning barge that Irontusk is on.

occ: Kel continues to take 10 on the swim...to o22

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Intoning a quick supplication to Brumhor, Dwarven ancestor-spirit of wayward children in desperate situations, Nuressa grits her teeth and tries, once again, to burst the nets. "C'mon you motherless, oyster-soaked, good-for-nothing hemp!"

helium3

First Post
Urkulyr sighs and takes a swing at the remaining hound. Then he takes a step closer to the edge of the barge.

OOC: Attack the dog and then take a five foot step to K16.

Tinner

First Post
“Great, I love fire! How about you?” Llhuna calls out while stepping a little closer and raising her hand to form a tiny ball of fire out of thin air, which she promptly hurls towards the fleeing half-orc with the iron tusk.
The flaming sphere impacts the half orc solidly, scorching him badly.

Intoning a quick supplication to Brumhor, Dwarven ancestor-spirit of wayward children in desperate situations, Nuressa grits her teeth and tries, once again, to burst the nets. "C'mon you motherless, oyster-soaked, good-for-nothing hemp!"

Weakened by her continued attempts, the rotted fibers snap at last freeing the dwarf!

Smoke curling from his chest, Irontusk again bolts for freedom. He easily vaults the gap between the flaming barge and the next vessel.
The tarp covering the cargo on the second vessel slips free, revealing an unstable cargo of loosely packed coal. Irontusk loses his footing and falls prone on the top of a coal pile.

Urkulyr sighs and takes a swing at the remaining hound, but that dog won't hunt.

Kel continues a steady swimming stroke towards the burning barge that Irontusk is on.

"Kel! He's heading for the rowboat at the end of the line! Cut him off!" Eldred shouts.
He fires another bolt at Irontusk, but it seems without his magic, he's unable to make a shot at this range.

The last dog facing Urkulyr lunges in again for another bite but just misses.

OOC: It won't be long now. This chase is coming to an end.
Sorry about the slow posting this week. I started a new job, and then my internet connection was out for a couple days.
Things should be back to normal for a while though.

Same initiative once again.

Llhuna - 21
Nuressa - 20
Irontusk - 15
Urkulyr - 14
Kel - 8
Eldred - 5
Dog - 4

Attachments

• Barge End Turn Six.gif
    Barge End Turn Six.gif
    175.7 KB · Views: 94

helium3

First Post
Urkulyr looks in the direction of the flaming barge and the sprawled out Irontusk.

"Enough play for now, pup. I gotta to get to work."

The half-orc then moves away from the dog and hops the gap between the barges. He carefully threads his way through the dangling nets hoping to avoid entanglement and moves towards the flaming barge.

OOC : Withdraw to square F25, assuming I don't fall in the drink or get stuck in the nets.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
"I'm FREEEEEE!!!" shouts Nuressa as she dashes down the docks again. Eyeing the distance between the barg & the doc she suddenly looks doubtful, "Hey big guy, why don't you come back over here? :) You don't wanna make yer girl take a bath do ya?"

Passing Lhuna she says, "Hiya missey, don't let me spoil your aim now." She hasn't said anything remotely funny, but she guffaws never-the-less.

OOC: Double-Move to G26

Thanee

First Post
Llhuna

“Don't worry about my aim, it's usually pretty good,” the elf replies, while preparing for her next spell. This time a ray of icy cold shoots forth from her hand and towards the half-orc.

OOC: Casting the almighy Ray of Frost (touch attack +4, damage 1d3+4)

Dragoon

First Post
"Aye I be bearin' down on the blige rat,"replies Kel as he redoubles his efforts of his swimming and heads to the row boat to cut of Iron Tusk.

occ: Moving to o26, towards the rowboat.

Tinner

First Post
"I'm FREEEEEE!!!" shouts Nuressa as she dashes down the docks again. Eyeing the distance between the barge & the dock she suddenly looks doubtful, "Hey big guy, why don't you come back over here? You don't wanna make yer girl take a bath do ya?"

Passing Lhuna she says, "Hiya missey, don't let me spoil your aim now." She hasn't said anything remotely funny, but she guffaws never-the-less.

“Don't worry about my aim, it's usually pretty good,” the elf replies, while preparing for her next spell. This time a ray of icy cold shoots forth from her hand and towards the half-orc.

The frigid beam strikes the fallen foe, with a final gasp, Irontusk slumps flat on his face unconcious, and covered with a thick rime of frost.

Urkulyr looks in the direction of the flaming barge and the sprawled out Irontusk.

"Enough play for now, pup. I gotta to get to work."

The half-orc then moves away from the dog and hops the gap between the barges. He carefully threads his way through the dangling nets easily avoiding entanglement and moves towards the flaming barge.

"Aye I be bearin' down on the blige rat," replies Kel as he redoubles his efforts, and manages to pul himself up into the tethered rowboat.

Seeing the foe has fallen, Eldred rushes back to the street, and runs towards the last dock where his companions are. "Good lady elf! Please don't wander off! I must speak with you!"

OOC: He's down for the count. We're out of combat rounds now, so feel free to post your actions as you see fit.

Great combat people! This was a tricky battlefield, but you kept things moving really well.

Onward!

Thanee

First Post
Llhuna

“I suppose, now we should get over there and see, that he doesn't die, right?” Llhuna asks, while looking at the burning barge between them and the one, Irontusk has dropped on.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads