• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mad God's Key - Chapter One

helium3

First Post
"Let's be off."

OOC: I'm going to buy a morningstar on the way across town. Always good too have a weapon that deals bludgeoning damage.

Tinner

First Post
Mad God's Key - Chapter Two

The great city of Greyhawk comes to an abrupt end down by the Selintan River in a tumble of shacks, docks, and a few warehouses. The shouts of fishmongers, creaking of wagons, and the cacaphony of shrieking gulls are everpresent here. Up ahead, the wide bank of the river is so crowded with boats, from simple fishing vessels to wide river gypsy barges, that it is nearly impossible to see the water at all unless one looks well away from the shore.

According to the would-be robbers this riverside ramble is where this Irontusk fellow can be found. How you're going to pick out someone you never met amidst all this activity is hard to imagine.

Bracing your noses against the ever present odor of fish and too many people living in too small a space, you move into Barge End.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Tinner said:
The great city of Greyhawk comes to an abrupt end down by the Selintan River in a tumble of shacks, docks, and a few warehouses. The shouts of fishmongers, creaking of wagons, and the cacaphony of shrieking gulls are everpresent here. Up ahead, the wide bank of the river is so crowded with boats, from simple fishing vessels to wide river gypsy barges, that it is nearly impossible to see the water at all unless one looks well away from the shore.

According to the would-be robbers this riverside ramble is where this Irontusk fellow can be found. How you're going to pick out someone you never met amidst all this activity is hard to imagine.

Bracing your noses against the ever present odor of fish and too many people living in too small a space, you move into Barge End.
Nuressa snags the shirt of, at what her best guess is, a local (preferably a ratty poor-looking one). Shoving a treo of gold coins in front of his eyes she says "Oi! I'm looking for a big half-orc by name of Irontusk. Take me to him and there will be more of these."

Tinner

First Post
The poor dockworker trembles in Nuressa's rough grasp. "I, I, I, Irontusk? He's right over there on the barge!" he lifts his arm to point the way.
As one, your eyes sweep across the crowded scene, finally coming to rest on a muscular half orc stacking crates on one of the many barges moored here. He easily stands six feet tall, has light olive skin, and numerous scars are visible on his bare arms. As he turns toward you, you notice that one of his tusks appears to be capped with iron.
The half orc looks directly at your group, sees the merchant pointing, and immediately turns to flee.

Initiative
Nuressa (1d20+6=20)
Irontusk (1d20+5=15)
Urkulyr (1d20=14)
Kel (1d20+7=8)
Eldred (1d20+2=5)

OOC: A few points about the map.
Characters are represented by the first letter of their names.
The green areas are clear ground.
The brown boxes at the top are buildings that cannot be entered.
The dark grey areas are immovable docks & tie-ups.
The Light grey areas are individual barges. The markings on each barge are just detail. Each barge is loaded with a variety of different items. It's a very typical dockside scene, fish, nets, rope and other movement hazards are piled everywhere.

Attachments

• Barge End Turn One.gif
    Barge End Turn One.gif
    55.8 KB · Views: 88

Lobo Lurker

First Post
"Thanks bud! Let's get 'im!" Nuressa closes her fist, without paying the merchant and sprints north as fast as her stubby twisted legs can carry her. She ducks under nets laden with cargo, and hops over sacks of goods and tackleboxes, hoping that she'll be able to circle the building before Irontusk can get down the dock and out into the city.

OOC: I don't really see a way to cross over to him so I'll try circling around the the building (double-move action).

helium3

First Post
OOC : Does the barge right in front of the dock look like it could be easily moved just by pushing? Additionally, does the water here look particularly deep or is it fairly shallow. IE, do I stand a good chance of sinking to the bottom and drowning if I fall in the water? Do I have enough time to note these things?

Last edited:

Dragoon

First Post
Kel runs out on to the dock at a quicked pace to get towards the half-orc known as Iron Tusk. Kel weaves in and out of the ropes, crates and other debrie, like he has lived there his whole life.

occ: Kel on his turn will double move to O5.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads