• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MAGIC Domain is Broken!

Larcen

Explorer
Madfox said:
What sense is there in borrowing a spellbook? Mind you, I do not know the details of 'any spell' domain spell, but if it is similar to a wizard preparing a spell you will need to have a book of your own. Before a wizard can prepare a spell -even from a borrowed/stolen spell book- the wizard first need to have it written down in his own book. Only after that can the wizard use the spellcraft skill to prepare the same spell from a source other then his own writing.

Anyspell, being a spell, byspasses all those limitations. Basically, it gives you 15 minutes to peruse any source of arcane spells, be it someone else's spellbook or a collection of scrolls, and then choose any 1st or 2nd level spell found and commit it to memory in place of the Anyspell domain slot. No rolls of any kind are needed and the Cleric uses his WIS in place of any INT limitations for the spell. I believe he can also ignore material components up to a point. Not sure though, since I am typing all this from memory.

Greater Anyspell, being a 6th level spell, allows you to use up to 5th level arcane spells.

Am I the only one who feels these two spells are fantastic?? Incredibly flexible and useful.

It's really too bad that although Anyspell allows WIS to be used in place of INT, the magic domain scroll reading ability does not. Oh well, live and learn. They are two very different things anyway. :(

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads