Magical Sickness: Not For The Red Cross

Xarlen

First Post
Ok. I've created a new disease, and I want some suggestions how to fix it.

The symptoms: Claw like bruises along the person's body. Coughing wheezes that sound like hissing. The dead body's eyes revert to slitted yellow cat eyes upon death.

The Disease's makeup: Infernal, and magical in nature. It was created by the work between Devils (Poison specialized wizard race, found in Traps and Treachery), a Rakshasa, and likely an Acolyte of the SKin, or a cleric probably. It's a combination of magical and infernal, and Remove Disease ain't gunna fix it.

It's summoning was more a spell: Cast on one or two people, and then it spreads around.

So, what spells should fix it? Break Enchantment? I was thinking, perhaps, Protection from Evil + Dispel Magic + Remove Curse or Disease.

Any thoughts?

anglachel

First Post
How about it being a curse that causes a disease. You must cast remove curse first then remove disease. If you cast remove disease first, then the curse just reinfects the victim.

Xarlen

First Post
The problem there is, the PCs have allready cast it (in directly). On one victim, remove curse. On another, remove disease. I was hoping for another step or two, so that they don't find the cure right away.

Dark Helmet

First Post
Xarlen said:
Ok. I've created a new disease, and I want some suggestions how to fix it.

The symptoms: Claw like bruises along the person's body. Coughing wheezes that sound like hissing. The dead body's eyes revert to slitted yellow cat eyes upon death.

The Disease's makeup: Infernal, and magical in nature. It was created by the work between Devils (Poison specialized wizard race, found in Traps and Treachery), a Rakshasa, and likely an Acolyte of the SKin, or a cleric probably. It's a combination of magical and infernal, and Remove Disease ain't gunna fix it.

It's summoning was more a spell: Cast on one or two people, and then it spreads around.

So, what spells should fix it? Break Enchantment? I was thinking, perhaps, Protection from Evil + Dispel Magic + Remove Curse or Disease.

Any thoughts?

Howabout you treat the "germs" that cause this disease as being extra-planar in origin, therefore a Dismissal spell must first be used.

Xarlen

First Post
Well, the origion of the disease is a ritual, a Ritual casting.

Considering all of the gathered eliments (Arcane, Evil, Infernal, and Clerical), I was just hoping for more of a chain of spells, as aposed to a simple 'Drop this and cure'. That way it'd take a while to figure out the proper chain, and make it more difficult to cure the inflicted.

Remove ads