Malvoisin's War of the Burning Sky PbP

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
DEFCON 1 said:
I play currently with stonegod and Rhun in Strahds RTToEE game, and I'm also in stonegod's Ravenloft game. Hopefully they'll both give me a passing mark. :)
DEFCON? No good. He stops running really fun games and is too good as a PC. I hates him! ;)

Voda Vosa

First Post
Exactly what do you mean with "I'll be accepting concepts " since im not a native english speaker im not sure of what that realy means

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Voda Vosa said:
Exactly what do you mean with "I'll be accepting concepts " since im not a native english speaker im not sure of what that realy means
We currently in need of a replacement character, specifically a healing type. Mal is stating that he is asking for character concepts: A rough background and history of your potential character with their personalities and quirks. This will allow him to decide what characters to choose from.

You can look earlier in this thread for some examples of concepts.

Asmor

First Post
I'll withdraw my candidacy... I don't think I'm good enough of a role player to meet your expectations, or at the very least I don't think I can compete with DEFCON's intro.

ethandrew

First Post
Consider this my formal submission:

Tavarius Deodatus

Cleric of Junia
Goddess of Health and Longevity
Domains: Healing, Renewal

Working as a mere acolyte for most of his life, Tavarius was more than content. The small abbey was his family; it was his home. That is until the Ragesians came. The slaughter of his brothers and sisters was quick and merciless; few survived. Those who did fled, bloodied and detached, torn from their known world and thrust into a war of greed.

Having been in Gate’s Pass for several months, he and what few survivors of Junia’s massacre had taken a stand against Ragesian with the Resistance. Tavarius carries the scars of his lost brethren in his heart and flesh, in the form of a spearhead raking flesh from his neck, rendering speech difficult, his voice raspy.

Once owning long, flowing locks of gold, he shaved his head in remembrance of his fellow followers, and wears a gorget to hide the devastation reigned upon his self. On the night in question, he was meeting his team, an ensemble of mercenaries with him being the medic. The bombs erupted all around, causing chaos and disorder amongst them, until one struck true, killing all but two in the initial blast, Tavarius and a stealthy gnome named Ameliana. With only minor injuries, but pinned by debris, he garnered all his strength in a heaving push to release him from his hellish cage. Hearing the ragged breath of his rogue, he scooped her into his arms as her life left her body.

Exiting the inferno behind, scanning the streets before him strewn with people both frightened and injured, he spies the short white hair of a known resistance associate and carries Ameliana toward her with all the dignity his jaw can manage despite the stream of tears cascading down his blackened cheeks.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Kuroborn Mrin
Cleric of Moradin (or any dwarf deity)

Kuroborn has always been a curious dwarf. Since he was a mere child, the big eyed dwarf folowed his father everywhere he goes, to the store, to the smithy, and specialy to the temple. The stony halls of the Great temple of Moradin, and the clerics acolytes and devotes in the building, inspire the little Kuroborn a great curiosity.
When he was a grown up dwarf, able to decide his own destiny, he joined the temple as an Acolyte of Moradin, as he and his father wishes. His mother wasnt so happy for that choice. She knew his son would depart far from home with that kind of profesion.
Kuroborn is uncommonly open minded as a dwarf, he is very curious and is always looking to learn something new. As a result of that he is prety handy and is able to find out solutions for any given problem.
This cleric is as moust of the dwarf adicted to beer, and theres no other thing that he enjoys more than "a good beer with good friends" as he use to say.
Kuroborn usualy recalls his fathers frases: "As my old father used to say: Kuroborn my son, theres few things in life better than an axe made by your hand, or a beer brew be yourself"

Gli'jar

First Post
“War ain’t ment to be pretty, but it is a purifying force.” The large man said as his cigar shifted from one cheek to the other as he gazed over the carnage and began walking towards the epicenter. Although he speaks to no one in particular, he continues on as if addressing an audience, “Like scorched fields.”

He pauses to lay his hands briefly on an injured young man, addressing both the injured man and his companion “You’ll survive, and you both will be the stronger for it. Purified by fire, you got a purpose now. Stand strong.” He gets up, throws them a few coins and continues on as the youths look on in fascination, “War is like that” he takes his cigar out of his mouth, looks at the burning ember and back at the youths and smiles before turning around and continuing down the street. His voice rises. “It removes the wheat from the chaff so that we got left something stronger. That which doesn’t kill you only serves to make you stronger. It reminds you to breathe, reminds you of life and that you got a purpose.

He walks by a heavily injured old man, briefly he looks at the body and the grasping hands looking for some sort of respite from the pain. He moves down to the man and whispers something in his ear. The old man has a resolute look on his face but nods an affirmative. Quickly, two hands grasp the side of the old mans head and quickly twist. A popping sound is heard over the quiet whispers from teh priest. Before getting up he closes the mans eyes and makes a symbol on his forehead. “That which it does not purify, falls by the wayside serves to fertilize for the future crops. Remember no mans dies before his time has come, make a purpose of your life, even in death, purify yourself by the flame and stand up.

The big man pauses and looks down at the holy symbol that hangs around his neck. Before continuing, he picks it up from his chest, presses it to his head, gazes towards the heavens and drops it before continuing down the burning street, “You go ask them what they want, sure they will cry, sure they will wail but when that is done they will tell you they want.” He stops a woman fleeing with child. He briefly looks at the child and the woman before laying his hand upon her and healing her wounds. After her wounds are healed he lets her go and continues on as if nothing happened.

Revenge." He cries loudly before returning to his normal tone "They want a war that will take Ragesia down to avenge their loved ones. They will join the cause where once before they were meek, running like mice. This is not our war, leave us be they once cried.” As he moves towards a dog it releases a protruding limb and runs quickly away, narrowly avoiding the boot aimed at its rear. “Well look where it got’em, dead. I hate to tell you, but this is your war and unless you poor sods stand up and defend yourself you are all going to be pushing up daisies."

He stops and stands before a small group of individuals, a grin is worn on his face behind the burning cigar, His dark beard is singed around the edges, "Well what about you poor sods, you got a different look about you. They call me Nom Laki, if you know the name. Where do you stand?"

Nom Laki, CN Cleric of War, Domains: war, purification (if ok) or fire. Militant, rabble-rouser or if you need a devoted arcane caster my wu jen is still on the table. I can edit as necessary to make a meeting fit in.

Malvoisin

First Post
Right, all....

I'm going to go ahead and end the call for new players for this game. I've already seen some good ideas, and I know I'll be able to choose a good new player.

Since Asmor dropped out, I will choose from the following people (in alphabetical order)...

DEFCON 1
ethandrew
Gli'jar
Voda Vosa

My decision is forthcoming....it may be later today, or further into the weekend, as time permits. Thanks to all four of you for your interest in the game! :)

Last edited:

Malvoisin

First Post
Well, it's time to make the call....

DEFCON 1, I'd like to welcome you and Portnoy to the game!

A special thanks to the others who posted interesting ideas for the game as well. This decision was not so easy as it may appear to have been, I must say. In the end, I just thought it might be interesting to see how a more light-hearted character idea would do in a game whose backdrop is set in a difficult time of war. Best of luck to you, ethandrew, Gli'jar, and Voda Vosa!

Now, as for you DEFCON, please go ahead and get Portnoy's character sheet posted in the RG thread asap. I'll get it checked over as soon as possible, once it's available.

Portnoy's debut will be coming shortly, so watch the OOC thread for your cue.

Thanks, and welcome! :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Cool--welcome DEFCON!

Hopefully Markus can heal Cassandra before he goes--I can't believe I forgot to have him heal her after the first fight (she's precipitously close to going under from nonlethal).

Remove ads