Malvoisin's War of the Burning Sky PbP

Malvoisin

First Post
Voda Vosa said:
If theres a place for another char i would like to create a Dwarf ethier for cleric or a berserker. You tell me.
Voda Vosa,

There is need for one replacement character, and a cleric would be much more useful to the party's needs than a berserker. I'll be accepting concepts from all interested persons for a few days, at least.

Go ahead and submit your concept, I'd love to see it! :)

Malvoisin

First Post
ethandrew said:
I'm curious who the deities are for the campaign, I've read through the Player's Guide and cannot seem to find note of them.
Yeah, that's a really good question, especially since we're asking for a cleric here.

The answer is, that it was left up in the air (I'd suspect deliberately so).

The current cleric is one of Telchur, who is kind of an ice deity, and I believe that he is one of the more obscure ones from Greyhawk.

To be honest, I kind of envisioned this campaign world as being extremely polytheistic. That is to say, I figure it's a mish-mash of gods from different pantheons kind of battling it out for small bits of 'turf' (worshippers). What does that mean for you? Pick a deity. I don't really care where it comes from. Could be Greyhawk or Forgotten Realms, or you could just make it up if you want. Just roleplay the character well, and I'm happy. How's that?

Asmor

First Post
Thanks, I was wondering the same thing (favored souls being explicitly required to worship someone, and all). Any alignment restrictions?

Rhun

First Post
Asmor said:
Thanks, I was wondering the same thing (favored souls being explicitly required to worship someone, and all). Any alignment restrictions?

LOL...well, the current party is three Chaotic Neutrals, two Neutrals and one Lawful Good.

Malvoisin

First Post
Asmor said:
As Rhun pointed out, we already have a party that's not exactly a bunch of 'heroes.' As long as the character can coexist with the rest of the group, and not wreck the party, I'm pretty wide open.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Saw the post looking for new a new player to take over your cleric spot, and figured I had the space in my schedule since I'm now down to only a couple games. If you need to check my references... I play currently with stonegod and Rhun in Strahds RTToEE game, and I'm also in stonegod's Ravenloft game. Hopefully they'll both give me a passing mark. :)

Here's my concept:

"Thish Festival of Dreamsh is going to be AWESHOME! Yeah! *hic* I'm shure of it! Shakur hash done everything right to prepare for thish. He'sh the head priesht, you know. He leads ush. I work for him. *hic* We worship Westral you know... the god of revelry. And Father Briggsh had made shure that hish duties as Mashter of Ceremonies of thish year's New Year'sh festival are *hic* are *hic* are...

are...

um...

Wha wash I saying? Don't remember. Anyway... my name ish Portnoy Frumb. I'm a religiosh man myshelf. Or... should I shay religioush gnome. I'ma gnome. Portnoy. Frumb. Gnome. I worship Westral... I... REVEL in Westral! Ha! Ha ha! You get it?!? I REVEL in Westral... caush Westrel ish the god of REVELRY! Ha ha ha! I like to revel. Reveling ish good. Eshpecially when you have a full bottle of Daer Molignar '53. Like I do. I actually have two. Bottlesh. Two bottlesh. One for each hand. One for each mouth. No. Wait... thatsh not right... I don't have two mouth. One mouth, but I can drink from both bottlesh at the same time! Caush I worship Westral! Yeah! Wooooooo!

*glug* *glug* *glug* *glug*

Okay. I hear Father Shakur Briggsh calling for ol' Frumb! The New Year ish here shortly! And we have to prepare for the parade! The Parade of Dreamsh! I'm a parade you know! No. Wait... I mean I'm IN the parade. Our temple to Westral ish leading the parade caush Shakur ish Mashter... so I'm in the--

**KRRAK-KAK-KABOOM!**

AHHHHHH!! Wha wash that?!? Wha wash that?!? Oh sheesh! Oh shoosh! WESTRAL! OH WESTRAL! Wha... that wash from outshide! Lemme go outshide... shee whatsh going on.

Uh oh. The buildingsh are on fire. Thatsh not good. Not good at all. I wonder if I should help...

"Help! Help me! I'm trapped!"

Whazzat? Whosh trapped?

"We don't have time for these distractions, we cannot save everyone along our path. We have a job to do."

"I agree in principle. I won't stop anyone who wants to try in practise though--the rescuer will either be quick, or both will be dead anyway."

"We don't have too. I already told you I'd meet you all. If you have to leave, go. But I can't let this stand."

Hey yoosh! Whash goin on? You need shome help? My name is Portnoy Frumb... I'm a priesht of Westral... god of revelry. You look like you need shome revelry. You all look depreshed."

Portnoy Frumb! Gnome cleric of Westral, God of Revelry (made the name up since I don't know of any gods of revelry from any of the normal campaign sources). Unless someone knows of a god of revelry, celebration, wine etc. already established, I'll just use a made up one. Domains of chaos, luck and trickery. Will also take the Blessed By Dreams bonus feat. If this character was to continue, he eventually would multiclass into monk before finally taking the Drunken Master prestige class. But I don't think we'll need to worry about that right now. :)

Hope this works for you!

Rhun

First Post
Wow...I am reminded of Father Thwaite, the drunken priest of Dionysus in Costikyan's Cups and Sorcery books. :D

And I can vouch for Defcon 1...he is a great roleplayer. I've not had the pleasure of gaming with any of the others who hav eposted their interest yet.

Rystil Arden

First Post
That sounds hilarious--I would be frightened at higher levels when he multiclassed and we were left without level-appropriate combat heals and cleric buffs (and we already don't have a real arcane caster either), but since it's PbP, it'll take a long time to get that far anyway.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Although I mentioned the Drunken Master prestige class just as a lark... I'm under no illusions that the game will ever reach a point where we'd have to concerns ourselves about that eventuality. You needn't worry... I'd be sticking with cleric levels for quite a while if I got in.

Remove ads