Malvoisin's War of the Burning Sky PbP

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Malvoisin said:
Actually, no. The adventure departs a bit from the typical 'I'm your patron, do this task and I'll pay you' beginning, so Xander will be disappointed if he's only in it for the money.
Why do something for something so crass as money, anyway?

Revenge and honor are better. :p

Rystil Arden

First Post
Malvoisin said:
#9 is a winner indeed, RA! I don't see any plot complications arising from that, so let's roll with it! Good job! :)
Third...Fourth...Fifth...Sixth...Seventh...Eighth...Ninth time's a charm!

Would you like to work on what she's smuggling to fit it in? If not, I can invent something wholesale myself. What she's moving, for whom, payoff, etc.

Malvoisin

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Third...Fourth...Fifth...Sixth...Seventh...Eighth...Ninth time's a charm!

Would you like to work on what she's smuggling to fit it in? If not, I can invent something wholesale myself. What she's moving, for whom, payoff, etc.
Nothing immediately springs to mind, so I'm fine with you inventing the details. If I feel like there's anything I'd like to add or modify, I'll surely let you know.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Malvoisin said:
Nothing immediately springs to mind, so I'm fine with you inventing the details. If I feel like there's anything I'd like to add or modify, I'll surely let you know.
You're going to let me pick the payoff too? Hmmm...how about 100,000,000 gold 2,000 gold (I'd imagine smuggling something out with the blockade would be at an extreme premium). For added cohesiveness to make sure she doesn't go off on a random sidequest, can you tell me exactly where the mysterious 'distant wizard school' in the description will be? Based on that, I'll manufacture details of the smuggling so that the goods wind up needing to coincidentally go to the same place :D

Malvoisin

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
You're going to let me pick the payoff too? Hmmm...how about 100,000,000 gold 2,000 gold (I'd imagine smuggling something out with the blockade would be at an extreme premium). For added cohesiveness to make sure she doesn't go off on a random sidequest, can you tell me exactly where the mysterious 'distant wizard school' in the description will be? Based on that, I'll manufacture details of the smuggling so that the goods wind up needing to coincidentally go to the same place :D
Sure, the school in question is the Lyceum, and it's found way down south there in Seaquen, conveniently marked on the map over in the OOC thread.

2000 gp sounds like a reasonable payoff. It will be a little while before she has a chance to collect, anyway. :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Ah--I knew she took dwarven for a reason :) (Dassen is 28% dwarven).

Okay, so lessee--Fae's Smuggling Plans, Take 1:

[SBLOCK=Fae's Smuggling Plans] Gabal, head of the Gate Pass War Wizard's school, in concert with one or more of the priests of Gate Pass (not sure which are there--what pantheon are we using again? :crosses fingers for anything but the PH pantheon: ) has tacitly contacted one of Fae's covers for help in smuggling an important discovery--rare Oneirium ore found on a meteorite, which has strange properties related to dreams. Gabal had originally planned to let the priests study the dream-related properties while he searched for a magical use, but with the Ragesians headed to Gate Pass imminently, including the Inquisition (which drives fear into even the priests of Gate Pass), Gabal realised that the Oneirium would be confiscated for certain, and any attempts to hide it would likely be uncovered and used against him in the mockery the Inquisition calls a 'war-crime trial' for 'dangerous magical insurgents'. Thus, he arranged to sell the ore to Simeon of the Lyceum for a tidy sum, thus saving the ore from Ragesian hands, getting his own hands clean, and lining his pockets. The only problem? Those fools of elders decided to block off all egress from the city, and so no matter how he wanted to get rid of that ore immediately, he couldn't get it out of the city. Ultimately, he offered Fae a sizable 2,000 gold piece commission to do the job for him. He figures that at worst, she'll fail and at least he won't be caught with the Oneirium himself. Before agreeing to the task, Fae first ascertained that she wasn't being played--Gabal himself didn't have the money from Simeon yet, and Fae will collect her reward out of that. Technically, she could claim more than she was offered once she reaches Simeon, but mages have ways of communicating things, so best not to risk it, and besides--she may be capricious and flighty, but once she actually agrees to something, she won't turn her back on that without a good reason.
[/SBLOCK]

Rhun

First Post
stonegod said:
Why do something for something so crass as money, anyway?

Revenge and honor are better. :p

Revenge and honor are good...but wait, my PC has no honor! :D However, he does have a mother and sisters in Gate Pass, so he would volunteer for something if it was toward the end goal of keeping them safe.

Verbatim

Explorer
Markus has been tasked to assist with the Gate Pass resistance while his brothers to the North muster their strength to bring against the Inquisition. If his time in the city is over, Markus won't shed many tears over it...:)

Remove ads