Malvoisin's War of the Burning Sky PbP

Malvoisin

First Post
Erekose13 said:
I'll work on full concepts a bit better just wanted to check on sources.

1. Warforged (or dwarf) Warblade
2. whisper gnome shadowcaster

Don't suppose Morrus would let you share that Players Guide with your hopefuls eh?
My thoughts:

Warforged: I'd take one, but it would be with the understanding that, since this isn't Eberron, there won't be any others. I'd want you to come up with a good background explaining his/her/(its?) unique existence.

Warblade: I don't own Bo9S, so I'd need some serious hand-holding with that. Having said that, I'm inclined to allow it if you're willing to work through my ignorance.

Whisper Gnome and Shadowcaster are fine.

As to your final question, Morrus did specifically ask me not to disseminate the docs whole cloth, so I'd recommend you ask the man himself if he'd be willing to send you a copy.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Mal--how will stats work? I ask because if we're rolling, I need to roll before I come up wih a concept, or I might disappoint myself (for instance, a roll like 18 13 13 13 11 10, limits concepts, as would something like 14 14 14 14 8 8, etc).

Erekose13

Explorer
warforged, I was thinking an unearthed alien artifact or something. not very clear in my head and may drop that idea, but yes I was taking into account that we are not in eberron.

Warblade, i'll pitch it, but I think Shadowcaster would be cooler. Mouseferatu has been posting his unofficial fixes to his own class. Would you be interested in seeing what he has to say (he is the author)?

Gotcha regarding the PG. It'll be out later this week anyways so no worries.

Verbatim

Explorer
Well...if all the cool kids are doing it...

a)Markus Half-hand: Half-orc favored soul. Cast out of his clan lest the others learn that one of their own had began to manifest a power greater than the steel of their spears, he was beaten and left for dead in the snow. Losing three of his fingers on his left hand, the man-child would have lost his life had not the Knights of the Auiline Cross brought him to the relative safety of Gate Pass. Even with his body weakened, his powers continue to manifest and it will only be a matter of time before the half-orc's secret is discovered.

b)Rimpson Bittervine: Halfling Illusionist- Passing himself off as nothing more than a skilled street artist, Rimpson Bittervine has been keeping a quasi-clean pillow under his head and some weak ale in his belly. With the threat of the Inquisitors coming to Gate Pass, Rimpson may have to choose between leaving his Art behind and keeping his skin intact.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
warforged, I was thinking an unearthed alien artifact or something. not very clear in my head and may drop that idea, but yes I was taking into account that we are not in eberron.

Warblade, i'll pitch it, but I think Shadowcaster would be cooler. Mouseferatu has been posting his unofficial fixes to his own class. Would you be interested in seeing what he has to say (he is the author)?

That's a good idea--I was going to suggest that too--the Shadowcaster benefits greatly from Ari's post-mortem analysis and revisions in that thread.

Malvoisin

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Mal--how will stats work? I ask because if we're rolling, I need to roll before I come up wih a concept, or I might disappoint myself (for instance, a roll like 18 13 13 13 11 10, limits concepts, as would something like 14 14 14 14 8 8, etc).
We'll use a 32 point buy. Good question, thanks!

Malvoisin

First Post
Erekose13 said:

Absolutely, I'd certainly be open to Ari's fixes for the class. I would actually consider such as official errata. Where is this posted, here on ENWorld, or on Ari's site?

Erekose13 said:
Okay. There a lot of player options presented there, most all of which will be available to you, so we won't actually make character sheets until everyone has had a chance to read through it.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Malvoisin said:
Absolutely, I'd certainly be open to Ari's fixes for the class. I would actually consider such as official errata. Where is this posted, here on ENWorld, or on Ari's site?

Okay. There a lot of player options presented there, most all of which will be available to you, so we won't actually make character sheets until everyone has had a chance to read through it.
Hmm--interesting. Without exposing the text, can you tell us what sort of options? Do you think they might affect our choice of character by adding flavour to certain concepts? (For instance, I'm thinking that if they add sweet options that fit in with the world, they would likely be more for core-ish combos or OGL stuff, rather than, for instance, Warlocks or Book of Nine Swords classes which are closed content).

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm. Would a warlock be permissible? One of the themes seems to be persecution of magic users, and warlocks seem like they get a double whammy of questionable heritage AND weird magic powers. Yee! Fun.

Remove ads