Malvoisin's War of the Burning Sky PbP

Malvoisin

First Post
Hello all! I find myself with some extra time now, and the desire to start up a second Play-by-Post campaign. I've got to say, the more details I see released about E.N. Publishing's 'War of the Burning Sky' campaign saga, the more interested I become. Although I'm not familiar with most of the authors of the adventures, there are definitely some great ideas there. So, is anyone interested in coming on board as a player, and joining me in seeing what this will be like? Even though the first adventure isn't released yet (though it should be soon), I thought I'd get the ball rolling with a 'pre-recruitment' discussion thread, just to see if there's interest.

If you want to know something more about me as a DM, check out my Savage Tide campaign, handily linked below!

See ya!
Malvoisin

Applicants/Interested Persons

Erekose13: Human Shadowcaster OR Human Warblade
Rystil Arden: Human Beguiler OR Human Archivist
Nightbreeze: Human Cleric (Magic Domain) OR Elf Dragon Shaman
kinem: Halfling Wizard OR Halfling Rogue
Hammerhead
Shayuri: Human Scout/Ranger (Wolfrider) OR Human Warlock
stonegod: Knight OR Bard/Rogue/Scoundrel-type
Rhun: Human Spirit Shaman OR Human Psychic Warrior
gavagai: Gnome Sorcerer/Bard (Air Elementalist) OR Elven Ranger (Archer)
Gli'jar: Human Wu-Jen OR Human Barbarian
Verbatim: Half-Orc Favored Soul OR Halfling Illusionist
Toptomcat: Human Monk OR Mad Summoner (Alienist)
Bloodcookie: Paladin OR Wizard/Artist
Thramzorean: Orc Barbarian OR Elf Warmage

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
I'm so in! I've been very interested in the stuff I've seen from them so far, but with my own Savage Tide just kicking off I didn't see any time in the near future to try this out.

Rystil Arden

First Post
This could be interesting--just a heads-up (which you probably know), but be sure to get the whole set now for $34.99 while the special offer lasts.

Shayuri

First Post
I'm interested, though time may be tricky here...still, it's starting to look like one or two games I'm in may be puttering out, so... :)

Malvoisin

First Post
Erekose13 said:
I'm so in! I've been very interested in the stuff I've seen from them so far, but with my own Savage Tide just kicking off I didn't see any time in the near future to try this out.
Hey, Erekose! Great to see your interest! I want to say good luck with your Savage Tide campaign also, I'm certain you will have a blast with it! Let me know if you ever want to compare notes or anything...

Rystil Arden said:
This could be interesting--just a heads-up (which you probably know), but be sure to get the whole set now for $34.99 while the special offer lasts.
Indeed, great advice! Thanks!

Nightbreeze said:
I would be REALLY interested ;)
I checked the review and it has really gotten me.
Yeah, the advance material has sucked me in too! I hope the final products live up to the initial promise.

Shayuri said:
I'm interested, though time may be tricky here...still, it's starting to look like one or two games I'm in may be puttering out, so... :)
C'mon, Shayuri, there's always room for one more! :) I'm glad to see you are interested, I felt bad that our Sphinx Queen had to die early on the vine.

@ALL: Well, it seems that there is enough interest here to officially call this a recruitment drive. Here's how I'd like to do this...

First, I'd like everyone to seriously consider how frequently you can post before officially applying for the game. I really want players who can post several times a week, to keep the game moving at a good clip. Ability to post every day would be ideal.

I need everyone who is interested to post TWO character concepts. By a concept, I just mean a paragraph or two detailing race/class idea, physical description/personality, BRIEF background (remember, the campaign world is pretty generic...use gods of Greyhawk for now with respect to cleric/ other divine casters), and maybe some ideas about how you envision future advancement. The more detail the better. This campaign will be starting with level 1 PCs, and I'll probably take five players. It would be best if each of your concepts would fill a different role within the party.

I'm open to lots of different non-core rules options, but ask first for material published by anyone other than WotC. Also, be prepared to crib anything non-core on your character sheets for ease of reference, in case I don't own the book in question. We won't be using psionics for this game. No evil PCs also.

Note: I do not want full character sheets right now, I only will ask for those once the players have been selected.

I will probably recruit for about a week, but I may close recruitment early, if many very good submissions come in quickly.

So then...I'm sure I left something out. Feel free to ask questions!

Thanks,
Mal

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Malvoisin, since you're the first person to do anything like this, if having a copy of the Player's Guide and/or DM Campaign Overview would help you, drop me an email. They'll be available for free anyway within a week or so, and the versions I have on my hard drive are just the manuscripts in .rtf format (so no layout, art or maps - but you can download the pretty versions for free in a week or so), but you may find it useful in helping people set up their characters in advance.

Malvoisin

First Post
Morrus said:
Malvoisin, since you're the first person to do anything like this, if having a copy of the Player's Guide and/or DM Campaign Overview would help you, drop me an email. They'll be available for free anyway within a week or so, and the versions I have on my hard drive are just the manuscripts in .rtf format (so no layout, art or maps - but you can download the pretty versions for free in a week or so), but you may find it useful in helping people set up their characters in advance.
Wow, thanks so much, Morrus! :D

E-mail sent! If you have any problems receiving it, my e-mail address is malvoisin2752 (at) yahoo.com

Seriously, this is great! I really appreciate the opportunity for an advance look. I'm sure it will help me kick off this game. Thanks again! :) Mal

Remove ads