Manage Your Game With RPG Encounters

There's a range of different campaign management tools available; some free, some not so. RPG Encounters is a free web app designed to work with and sync between all your devices. I hadn't heard of it before, but the creator sent me a hand-written letter to tell me about it, so I could hardly not take a look!

There's a range of different campaign management tools available; some free, some not so. RPG Encounters is a free web app designed to work with and sync between all your devices. I hadn't heard of it before, but the creator sent me a hand-written letter to tell me about it, so I could hardly not take a look!

mobile4.png

The app currently works with four game systems: D&D 5E, Savage Worlds, Stars Without Number, and Open Legend.

It has three tabs: CREATE, where you store NPCs, Players, and Encounters; PLAY which helps you to run an encounter; and SETTINGS which lets you change the language (English, French, Esperanto, Spanish) and theme.

It's lightweight and straightforward. I haven't had chance to try it out in a game (currently running WOIN) but it looks pretty streamlined. And it's free!

[video=youtube;ka1ePT-WFro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka1ePT-WFro[/video]​

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Do people know if you take a monster's base stats to modify and make your own, when you save is it a new creature (rather than modify the original)?

For example. I modify a brown bear (including changing its name) to a brownspawn marauder.

When I hit save will brownspawn marauder be in my creature/NPC list from then on? Will brown bear still be there and not replaced?

(Not keen to try until I know original will not disappear).

I don’t know for sure, but it looks or me like you use the Duplicate button first and then edit your duplicate.

Yaarel

🇮🇱He-Mage
Instead of predetermining the six abilities (Str, Dex, Con, Int, Wis, Cha), RPG Encounter would be even more useful to me if I can customize which abilities and how many I want to use. I just want four abilities (Size, Athletics, Perceptiveness, Socialness). This customizability also makes it more useful for other gaming systems.

ucffool

First Post
When I hit save will brownspawn marauder be in my creature/NPC list from then on? Will brown bear still be there and not replaced?

Duplicate first. If you edit and save with a new name it will delete the old name record. Also, under settings you can reset to new again, reading everything you did if you want a fresh start.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
This looks awesome. I created an account, but whenever I open the Encounter Tools a pop up at bottom keeps telling me that it failed to auto-logon, try logging out in Settings, which I cannot do?

ucffool

First Post
This looks awesome. I created an account, but whenever I open the Encounter Tools a pop up at bottom keeps telling me that it failed to auto-logon, try logging out in Settings, which I cannot do?

There should be a logout button in settings, but if not being displayed I'll fix that when I'm back at home in a week. Meanwhile, go to heromuster.com/logout

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads