Mando season 3

pukunui

Legend
Wookiepedia votes a resounding "yes" (by which I mean a screenshot from this episode is already the main picture for his entry and the episode has only been up a few hours).
Just made it to the credits, and yes, it lists Zeb voiced by Steve Blum. Wooooo!

OK so other thoughts:

*I wasn't expecting the showdown with the pirates so soon. (I was hoping for at least a training montage where Bo-Katan shows them how to work as a team, but at least we got that little pep talk. And they certainly did seem to work together better here. Perhaps they are better at fighting humanoids than beasts.)

*Yay! Din's cult now has a home! But what about the baby raptor things? Will someone go back and get them?

*Yay! Bo-Katan doesn't have to keep her helmet on anymore! (I was kind of half-expecting it to be a test/trick at first. I was then half-expecting the Armorer to take her helmet off too but alas ...) I wonder if Din will get to go with her. I'm really liking the pairing of Din and Bo-Katan, and I'd hate to see them have to split up again.

*Elia Kane has certainly wormed her way in deep in the New Republic. I wonder what her endgame is here, and is she still working for Moff Gideon or is she working for the group that will become the First Order? (I suppose the answer could be "yes".)

That just leaves the mystery at the end of the episode ... was Moff Gideon rescued by members of Clan Saxon perhaps, or was he kidnapped by a group of Mandalorians who are now holding him prisoner? Hopefully we'll find out soon!

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
*Yay! Bo-Katan doesn't have to keep her helmet on anymore! (I was kind of half-expecting it to be a test/trick at first. I was then half-expecting the Armorer to take her helmet off too but alas ...) I wonder if Din will get to go with her. I'm really liking the pairing of Din and Bo-Katan, and I'd hate to see them have to split up again.
I was fully expecting the Armorer to say that Bo-Katan and Din now had to duel for the darksaber. We'll have to see if/when that comes up again.
That just leaves the mystery at the end of the episode ... was Moff Gideon rescued by members of Clan Saxon perhaps, or was he kidnapped by a group of Mandalorians who are now holding him prisoner? Hopefully we'll find out soon!
The Mandalorians who were under Bo-Katan's command split off to some other job, probably mercenary work. It's not impossible that they were involved, though it'd be a pretty hefty heel-turn after having been instrumental in his capture.

*Elia Kane has certainly wormed her way in deep in the New Republic. I wonder what her endgame is here, and is she still working for Moff Gideon or is she working for the group that will become the First Order? (I suppose the answer could be "yes".)

I wanna like her.. but I also don't, and i'm thinking the beskar was planted

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
... and i'm thinking the beskar was planted
I agree with this. Moff Gideon seems to have a personal grudge against Mandalore/Mandalorians. Maybe it's because they hold him responsible for his role in the Purge... So I think he wants to frame them. And true Mandalorians would not have left any beskar behind.

MarkB

Legend
I agree with this. Moff Gideon seems to have a personal grudge against Mandalore/Mandalorians. Maybe it's because they hold him responsible for his role in the Purge... So I think he wants to frame them. And true Mandalorians would not have left any beskar behind.
Or even if it's not deliberately planted, Gideon and his faction had access to Beskar in quantities sufficient that they were paying for the Grogu contract with it. It would be surprising if they haven't deployed it for more practical use, such as for their special forces.

Remove ads