Mando season 3

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
I loved the episode, but could not wrap my head around why the mother took so long to feed the babies? Bo tracked it back to its nest, flew back to the covert, told them all about it, they made a battle plan, flew back out, camped for the night, climbed the big rock pillar for many more hours... and the creature only then showed up to regurgitate the young mando (who somehow didn't suffocate). He'd been in her mouth for a day and a half at this point.
But again, I did like the show; just wish they had some sort of explanation for this (like the eggs hadn't hatched yet and mama was waiting for them).

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I think I get why they had the helmet thing for the first part of the show. It provided some tension when Din infiltrated the Imperial base, and (more importantly, IMO), it made for the very dramatic moment at the end of season 2. When Din removes his helmet to say goodbye to Grogu, it is very moving scene, and shows how much Grogu has come to mean to Din. It reminds me of Vader's death in Return of the Jedi ("Let me look upon you with my own eyes."). Finally it gave Din a motive to go to Mandalore, leading into the current season.

Now I think they have tapped the well dry, and the helmet taboo is hindering the show more than it helps it, which is why I hope Bo-Katan leads them away from it.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I think I get why they had the helmet thing for the first part of the show. It provided some tension when Din infiltrated the Imperial base, and (more importantly, IMO), it made for the very dramatic moment at the end of season 2. When Din removes his helmet to say goodbye to Grogu, it is very moving scene, and shows how much Grogu has come to mean to Din. It reminds me of Vader's death in Return of the Jedi ("Let me look upon you with my own eyes."). Finally it gave Din a motive to go to Mandalore, leading into the current season.
As with so many things in Star Wars, though, they could have accomplished all that, and avoided the problems, just by sitting down and plotting it out a bit further into the future.

"So, we're going to have him meet other Mandalorians at some point. Does he wear his helmet with them? Why not? How do they eat? How do they make baby Mandalorians? Are they all covered with zits under their helmets? Don't we want to see the various actors' faces sometimes? We can just have the Armorer and some of the more hardcore folks keep their helmets on by choice, right?"

Since this all came after everyone saw how not planning the sequel trilogy worked out, step one of doing anything Star Wars should be plotting things out further than the end of the first movie or season, ideally to encompass the whole arc of a series or new trilogy.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
As with so many things in Star Wars, though, they could have accomplished all that, and avoided the problems, just by sitting down and plotting it out a bit further into the future.

"So, we're going to have him meet other Mandalorians at some point. Does he wear his helmet with them? Why not? How do they eat? How do they make baby Mandalorians? Are they all covered with zits under their helmets? Don't we want to see the various actors' faces sometimes? We can just have the Armorer and some of the more hardcore folks keep their helmets on by choice, right?"

Since this all came after everyone saw how not planning the sequel trilogy worked out, step one of doing anything Star Wars should be plotting things out further than the end of the first movie or season, ideally to encompass the whole arc of a series or new trilogy.
I don't think SW has a long term plan....unless it is recycle the past and only tell Skywalker adjacent stories. that's, like, the extent of the plan (in fairness, neither Andor nor the Mandalorian are stuck on Skywalkers, which is nice).

MarkB

Legend

To be fair, they pretty much did that in the first two seasons, showing that other Mandalorians don't adhere to this custom and having Din compromise it for the sake of his ward, while also having his faction be decimated down to a handful of members. And now they're doing a Rise of Skywalker, getting intimidated by the daring of their own character development, trying to walk it back and overcompensating.
Plans change. The success of The Mandalorian has done much to propel the greenlighting of other Star Wars series projects, and those in turn will have influenced the course of this show.

Ryujin

Legend
I don't think SW has a long term plan....unless it is recycle the past and only tell Skywalker adjacent stories. that's, like, the extent of the plan (in fairness, neither Andor nor the Mandalorian are stuck on Skywalkers, which is nice).
I would say that you're right. I doubt that anyone, even Lucas, has ever sat down and seriously written a "world bible" that outlines how things work and are connected. No plotted history. There are too many things that just jump out of the woodwork.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I would say that you're right. I doubt that anyone, even Lucas, has ever sat down and seriously written a "world bible" that outlines how things work and are connected. No plotted history. There are too many things that just jump out of the woodwork.
It's too bad, because there is one on line somewhere (of the past and future works), but I don't feel Disney has a real plan (that's clear from the last three movies).

Remove ads