Mapping Programs

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Zandy said:
Hand - Could you detail what CC2Pro is? I'm running v6, and recently saw posted something about an upgrade.

I went to the profantasy website, registered (ok, I admit, I'm bad about that), but found no sign of an upgrade past my version.

Is CC2pro an actual upgrade, or what people call v6?

I'm all over CC2, and would advise EVERYONE to use it. It is k.a....

Thanks in advance, Hand...

CC2Pro is an early version of v7, it has a lot of macros built in making some ot the task easier to work with. I will look for the list on changes...

MJEggertson

First Post
I too, use Fractal Mapper (http://www.nbos.com). Had I known about CC2, I may have purchased it, but $80 seems a bit steep, considering I don't actually do any pen and paper playing.

FM is a bit cumbersome (ie, somewhat slow), and has a few bugs, but it has alot of features, for around $30 if I remember correctly. You also get a cool world maker that can do fancy 3Dish maps, and even export them to VRML, I believe. Never used the feature though.

My >>campain map (250 kB)<< is made in FM. You should give their demo a try.

Last edited:

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
MeepoTheMighty said:
Is CC2 worth $80? I've played around with the demo and it seems pretty powerful, but damn..$80... seems like a lot.

This depends on your mapping needs and time.

I like to map, spending three to five hours a week with the program, I like to play at mapping trying a few different things, re-mapping, colors, details, levels, and such. I felt it has been worth the cost. You get out what you put into it.

Download the demo and play around with it...

http://www.profantasy.com/library/demo.asp

Last edited:

Zandy

First Post
Hand - you inspired me to look again at the profantasy website, and found the upgrade. Thanks...

Looking forward to checking it out...:)

annadobritt

First Post
Be advised that CC2Pro is still a bit buggy. Fixes are being worked on.

For making maps, CC2 is the best program out there, despite the price.

But it does make me wonder, if people are willing to pay so much for a computer game that can be played a few times, compared to the use they would get out of CC2, well...

:D

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
What features can CC2 give me that Fractal Mapper can't? I'm pretty impressed with what I've seen of FM.. has anyone used both and can provide an in-depth analysis?

Darraketh

First Post
Taliseian said:

Just curious, but is there any way you would think about releasing your hexes to the general public?

They look abosolutely fantastic.

T

I emailed them to you. Did you get them? Do they suit your needs?

Archimagus

First Post
MeepoTheMighty said:
What features can CC2 give me that Fractal Mapper can't? I'm pretty impressed with what I've seen of FM.. has anyone used both and can provide an in-depth analysis?

While both are based on CAD, there is a big difference. CC2 has a very active mailing list, and many add-ons. Personally, I find CC2 easier to use and it has a lot more symbols available for it. And when drawing maps, symbols are king. A lot of these symbols are available for free from other users and from Profantasy's website.

Remove ads