• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

March Fo(u)rth for GM's Day Giveaway - Pimp Your GM!

Matt Black

First Post
I'd like to nominate my GM Mike (Spunkrat here on the boards) as 'Best GM Evah', who is living proof that an obsession with telling stories, coupled with three years in acting school, isn't necessarily a big waste of time! For years and years and years Mike has run a campaign for myself and my friend Rob, with various other players dropping in and out over time. Mike has guided us in weaving the utterly immersive tale of our characters - two brothers, Simon and Saul, a wizard and a priest.

He took us through the horrors of Ravenloft at low levels (Mike is a master of the macabre), where we developed (or had inflicted on us) the physical and emotional scars that would stay with us through the many adventures and years to come. Mike then thrust us (climactically) into this own homebrew world, and we had the great pleasure of watching this immensely colourful and history-laden world evolve and expand as our characters grew (and, most satisfyingly, be shaped by our characters). As well as weaving stupendous, world-shaking plotlines, Mike is a dab hand at creating games in which the player characters are central to the story - not merely the guys who disrupt the story that would have happened otherwise. Sure, this sometimes means that our characters are partially responsible for the near-destruction of the world, but oddly that makes you a whole lot more attached to them ;)

We're now playing in one of the last story arcs of this uber-campaign. The stakes are immense - not least because Mike as got us so attached to these characters that they're like a part of us. I'd like to take this opportunity, on behalf of myself and Rob, to say "THANKS MIKE!!" And also, if you kill off Simon and Saul you're in suuuuch trouble...

Matt

edit: damn, just missed out! Well, all of the above still stands!

Heathen72

Explorer
Matt Black said:
I'd like to nominate my GM Mike...
*snip*
...on behalf of myself and Rob, to say "THANKS MIKE!!" And also, if you kill off Simon and Saul you're in suuuuch trouble...

Matt

edit: damn, just missed out! Well, all of the above still stands!

Thanks Matt (and don't worry about missing out) While your GM's day pressie was great, such thanks are more than anyone could ask for in a GM's Day gift.

I nominate shadowbloodmoon he is my GM offline and online. He is always fair to all of his players and most creative. I never feel lost and always understand the rules. His stories compel you to want to go into the story more and more. When we do have to stop due to just being tired hee hee. We all know that one. I am left waiting for the next game or post. I always wanted to learn how to play DnD and he came into my life at the most important time. I almost gave up on allot of things. DnD gave me a sense of adventure and lots of fun. I could not help it, I fell in love with him and married him when he asked me. So yes all I am married to my DM and love all the adventures. Wink wink giggles OKay back to the reason why. I am not just saying what I am saying because I am his wife. I am saying this because of him. His love for this game and the fun for creating adventure for not only me but his friends too. He works very hard in creating a stories that we can have fun in. He has piles upon piles of roleplaying books. He is so sweet we go to our favorite game store together and they all know him. The most awesome is that he can take almost any idea and make a great story. My characters range from a baby gold dragon to a Minbari telepath. Every single one is great to play. He works well with players and we laugh till the sun comes up. So shadowbloodmoon I would love to see get this. For his sense of fairness and fun alone is well deserved. His passion for this game has taught me to have fun again. Tears of joy here. Thanks shadowbloodmoon. Thanks for being my husband and friend and most of all my Game Master.

BSF

Explorer
Macbeth,
Thank you for the kind words. I really try to keep the game coherent. I think I just need to pick up the action a little more. But I have some ideas that I am working on to improve that. :)

diaglo

Adventurer
WooHooo.

got a surprise this afternoon. 2 lbs o' coffee. sweet. from a playa.

diaglo "1 whole pot of coffee a day drinker" Temporado

Heathen72

Explorer
diaglo said:
WooHooo.

got a surprise this afternoon. 2 lbs o' coffee. sweet. from a playa.

diaglo "1 whole pot of coffee a day drinker" Temporado

I am so envoius. If only we could lobby the coffee companies to support GM's days with Coffee discounts...

Mike

Triana

First Post
My GM

Gospog is also my GM. He is wonderful. In the 2+ years I have known him, we have had nothing but fun.

He is versatile, he can run anything from medieval to space age with ease and competency.
He is hilarious when he does the npc characters.
He is always fair and plays by the rules.
I really look forward to any game he runs! :D

Also I want to do a side plug. Fluffaderm, you aren't such a bad GM yourself. :)

_Tria

Remove ads