March Fo(u)rth for GM's Day Giveaway - Pimp Your GM!

Yig

First Post
I nominate Trainz.

I joined his new campaign a few months ago and I must say he's a great DM.

His homebrew world is interesting and quite different than the usual fantasy world. He managed to trick us into playing female characters in a setting where females are viewed as inferiors. :]

He makes great use of props and music to add a lot of ambiance to his games.

He run the kind of game I enjoy the most.

Plus he helped me design my very first dungeon.

Oh yeah, he always want to give me food when I get there so that helps too ;)

Thanks for the great games dude.

Siobharek

Explorer
DM's nomination

The best DM I ever saw
Has a funny handle: Varianor
He has been mentioned,
he is the same,
that runs m2's and Wiz' game
Bill Collins is his name

A DM on 2 continents
By pbp, I must be content
To rumble in that world of his.
It would bespeak of his great fame,
If a prize or 20 his way came
Bill Collins is his name.

No, this isn't nepotism - he really is that good. I've played f2f with him at Gen Con, and I play in his PbP game, and well... He's good and deserves recognition.

pensiv

Explorer
I nominate Mark Clover (Mr. CMG, who I game with somewhat regularly).

My current weekly DM Lee Rainey (he's on these boards somewhere, but I don't remember his handle).

And my former weekly DM Charles Silverman (who I hooked up with on these boards in the Gamers Seeking Gamers forum where he was known as loop-dnder. He also plays with me in Lee's game now.)

Valmiras

Explorer
Another Vote for the V-man

I have to mention Varianor as well. I am in one of his PBP games andwas also in 4 of his games at GenCon (registered for two and filled blank spaces for the other two). Bill is an incredible DM. Ridiculously creative with great NPCs, locales, etc. And tons of them too. Not sure how he keeps up with all of them!

So, thanks, Bill, for the great DMing!

DonAdam

Explorer
I nominate Chris Swales, my evil imp of a GM. He runs Stargate SG-1 for us and never fails to come up with some entangling problem that can only be solved by diplomacy, subterfuge, engineering, and shooting jaffa in the face. He's got the "I'm about to shoot your dog right in front of you" look down whenever he's about to spend an action die to hose you.

Your eyes are glowing!
Is that a Go'a'uld, or
Are you excited?

Since he was kind enough to nominate me, I feel it is only fair that I nominate Nakia in return.

Nakia with the sweaters
Gives my bard the magic sword
Watch the others fight about it

Nakia is responsible for me finding the great group of people I play with, and have played with, over the past 5 years. I found his name on a "games wanted" board at the FLGS in town shortly after I moved to C'ville. We met briefly when I ran an aborted game right after 3e came out. We stayed in communication, and a few months later he invited me to play in the game he was running. We've been gaming together ever since, and have become very good friends. We both attended our first GenCon together a few years ago, and we've gone on vacations together. He's not just one of my favorite guys to game with, he's a great guy to hang out with. He ran one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played in, where I developed one of my favorite PCs ever-Bix the half-celestial Bard.

Ghostwind

First Post
Now this stinks, I'm the GM of six different groups and only one player reads these boards. The concept of GM Day is unheard of by all but that one person. So much for nominations. Oh well...

JoeGKushner

First Post
Ghostwind said:
Now this stinks, I'm the GM of six different groups and only one player reads these boards. The concept of GM Day is unheard of by all but that one person. So much for nominations. Oh well...

Well Steve, why don't those other players read the boards? Don't they have internet access or is the fandom that is EN World just not their style?

Remove ads