Martial Power 2 - Comments, Reviews, Noteworthy Stuff?

DracoSuave

First Post
Chuck and charge are you crazy, what self respecting rogue needs to stand in the mist of battle anymore ?

The sort that abuses Twin-Strike.

I.E., Ranger multi-classed into Rogue for Daggermaster, which implies Iron Gauntlets.

A Hybrid can't use Sneak Attack with Twin-Strike, so that's out... and the only other way of getting Twin-Strike is to paragon multiclass, which rules out Daggermaster.

Istar

First Post
The sort that abuses Twin-Strike.

I.E., Ranger multi-classed into Rogue for Daggermaster, which implies Iron Gauntlets.

A Hybrid can't use Sneak Attack with Twin-Strike, so that's out... and the only other way of getting Twin-Strike is to paragon multiclass, which rules out Daggermaster.

This smacks of Racism, are you trying to say the Half-Elf does not deserve his racial feat of an extra at-will at L11.

How can you say that using your race feature is abuse ?

Half Elf Rogue that at L11 picks up Twin Strike and also takes Daggermaster PP.
Brutal Scoundrel dual stat so could use Str melee Twin Strike is need be.

Is their a race relations conciliator my character can take this to ?

p.s. what are "Iron Gauntlets" by the way ?

DracoSuave

First Post
This smacks of Racism, are you trying to say the Half-Elf does not deserve his racial feat of an extra at-will at L11.

How can you say that using your race feature is abuse ?

Half Elf Rogue that at L11 picks up Twin Strike and also takes Daggermaster PP.
Brutal Scoundrel dual stat so could use Str melee Twin Strike is need be.

Is their a race relations conciliator my character can take this to ?

p.s. what are "Iron Gauntlets" by the way ?

Half-elf rogue picking up twin strike to abuse brutal scoundrel and daggermaster?

I'm unsure whether that is mad genius or pure folly.

andarilhor

First Post
I don't know if anyone has adressed that question (I'm too lazy to read the entire thread), but are Archer Warlord and Battlefront Leader incompatible? Or If I take both gives me the Archer Warlord benefit, tha Battlefront Leader power and allow me to keep light shield proficiency?

Edit: Have read the entire thread and noone addessed my question :)

Last edited:

Dice4Hire

First Post
I don't know if anyone has adressed that question (I'm too lazy to read the entire thread), but are Archer Warlord and Battlefront Leader incompatible? Or If I take both gives me the Archer Warlord benefit, tha Battlefront Leader power and allow me to keep light shield proficiency?

Battlefront leader replaces the Combat leader class feature, so no problem taking that and the archer warlord.

I think you would have heavy shield, and not light shield. Take Armored Warlord feat for no chainmail, but scale proficiency for more fun.

Elder-Basilisk

First Post

As far as I can tell, nothing prevents you from taking both archer warlord and battlefrond leader features. If you did so, you would end up with no chainmail proficiency (but access to a feat that gives you scale proficiency +1 healing surge) and no light shield proficiency but heavy shield proficiency. You would also have proficiency in military ranged weapons. Now, if that starts to sound like you're giving up nothing for something, it's a little more complex than that.

If you are an Int based archer warlord, you probably don't really want scale armor proficiency. You can get the same AC with hide. And you are passing up the ability to get combat commander (+Int to init for you and your party) by going with battlefront leader.

If you plan to use the archer warlord feature (bow, etc), then you probably can't take advantage of your heavy shield proficiency since bows and crossbows are both two handed weapons.

And if all you are interested in is a more efficient way to improve your AC (scale mail, heavy shield, and a surge for the cost of one feat), then, while archer warlord costs you nothing you care about, it also doesn't benefit you because you're not going to spend the standard action to get rid of your shield in combat to actually use that bow proficiency.

If you plan to use the archer warlord feature (bow, etc), then you probably can't take advantage of your heavy shield proficiency since bows and crossbows are both two handed weapons.

And if all you are interested in is a more efficient way to improve your AC (scale mail, heavy shield, and a surge for the cost of one feat), then, while archer warlord costs you nothing you care about, it also doesn't benefit you because you're not going to spend the standard action to get rid of your shield in combat to actually use that bow proficiency.

Three words: Heavy Thrown Weapon ;)

Remove ads