• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Martial Power 2 - Comments, Reviews, Noteworthy Stuff?

So, Martial Power 2 is out. What's the verdict? What kind of cool stuff did you find? What seems broken? What seems weak? What is just too awesome to not immediately create a new character for?

I was a little disappointed that I didn't find something particularly exciting for my Dragonborn Warlord. The Paragon Paths didn't seem much more interesting than before, but maybe I missed something?

There are a few new at-wills I'd probably want to try out at some point.

I wished the "Flavor"/"Story" section of the book was a little longer. The Primal Power book seemed a lot more interesting in that regard.

There is finally a Smart Rogue build! It focuses on Stealth and hiding! It doesn't adress its defense weakness - except indirectly, as if you pick that build, you are less likely to be attacked since you're often hidden anyway.

JPL

Adventurer
Hey, somebody tell me about the jack of all trades paragon path. I have a notion to combine it with that recent Dragon article about the versatile weapon master to make the ultimate adaptable fighter/rogue.

Hey, somebody tell me about the jack of all trades paragon path. I have a notion to combine it with that recent Dragon article about the versatile weapon master to make the ultimate adaptable fighter/rogue.
Jack of All Trades Paragon Path? WIthout the book, this is what I remember:
+2 to all skill checks. (Not feat bonus, not merely for untrained skills. Just for every one of them). 3 extra trained skills at level 16.

DracoSuave

First Post
Marauder Rangers just might be the first ranger that doesn't want Twin-Strike!

Throw and Stab and Marauder's Rush...

Thrown weapon damage, followed by main weapon + Strength + Wisdom damage...

...as your at-will!

I'd love to hear more of the Smart rogue build.
He uses Intelligence as secondary ability score. Duh.

He gets some stealth-related replacement/variant for Rogue Tactics.

When I am home, I might be able to tell you more. My memory is more Mordekainen's Magnificent Sieve then Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer.

Any good things for a beastmaster?
Lots of feat is what I definitely remember.

Klaus

First Post
He uses Intelligence as secondary ability score. Duh.

He gets some stealth-related replacement/variant for Rogue Tactics.

When I am home, I might be able to tell you more. My memory is more Mordekainen's Magnificent Sieve then Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer.

Lots of feat is what I definitely remember.
Man, can't they update the Character Builder faster?

Nymrohd

First Post
All beast types get a heroic level feat that allows them to act within 10 squares of the ranger when he is unconcious and augments some of their attacks (charge or melee basic, some interesting controllerish effects). And grouped in two they also gain paragon feats (for instance wolves and bears push 1 with all their melee basic attacks).

Remove ads