Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Janx

Hero
Is it just me, or does the hacker girl they recruited seem an awful lot like eliza dushku?

We know Joss likes Eliza (Faith from Buffy, and whatsher name from Dollhouse), and Joss likes re-using his actors (Gunn from Angel was the Freak of the Week for this episode).

Obviously, it wasn't Eliza. But it seems as if he likes that look.

Janx

Hero
I was hoping they would just use the Skrull.

I thought that was a Skrull at the very very end of the Avengers movie. And it clearly wasn't the main dudes who attacked Earth under Loki's command.

If I recall, the Skrulls where the shape shifters. So we can expect a Skrull invasion by replacement at some point in the series.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Is it just me, or does the hacker girl they recruited seem an awful lot like eliza dushku?

We know Joss likes Eliza (Faith from Buffy, and whatsher name from Dollhouse), and Joss likes re-using his actors (Gunn from Angel was the Freak of the Week for this episode).

Obviously, it wasn't Eliza. But it seems as if he likes that look.

Only in the "US TV type of casting" kind of way. The two don't really look alike.

Felon

First Post
I thought that was a Skrull at the very very end of the Avengers movie. And it clearly wasn't the main dudes who attacked Earth under Loki's command.

If I recall, the Skrulls where the shape shifters. So we can expect a Skrull invasion by replacement at some point in the series.

It hurts me physically that you thought that was a skrull. That line about "courting death" that evoked an inhuman grin from Thanos was so deliciously perfect. Marvel films already had a superior commitment to portraying superheroes in a large-than-life context rather than the more subdued approach of the likes of Batman, X-Men ("would you prefer yellow spandex?"), and Fantastic Four (Galactus as some hazy cloud), but Thanos is an out-and-out full-blown cosmic menace.

Admittedly, Rocket Raccoon may be taking it too far...

Janx

Hero
It hurts me physically that you thought that was a skrull. That line about "courting death" that evoked an inhuman grin from Thanos was so deliciously perfect. Marvel films already had a superior commitment to portraying superheroes in a large-than-life context rather than the more subdued approach of the likes of Batman, X-Men ("would you prefer yellow spandex?"), and Fantastic Four (Galactus as some hazy cloud), but Thanos is an out-and-out full-blown cosmic menace.

Admittedly, Rocket Raccoon may be taking it too far...

I guess this should kill you then.

Who the heck is Thanos?

Not everybody followed Avengers comics, to know who every villain in the marvel universe is.

And the guy really does look like a purple Skrull.

thanos-images-2.png

skrull12.jpg

It's the chin.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Just FYI, the Skrulls are associated with the Fantastic Four and therefore the movie rights to them are currently in the hands of 20th Century Fox (along with the FF). This is why they used the Chitauri in The Avengers film, and why we probably won't see the Skrulls in any Avengers film or TV show anytime soon. :erm:

Remove ads