Masks of Nyarlathotep: Chapter 1 (New York City)

yangnome

First Post
O'Malley glances around at the others, seeing the same response on their faces. "Does anybody know what he's been working on lately?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Well to by quite honest I haven't heard from the man in over a year. But he did mention something about the Carlyle Expedition... I can go try to find out something about that. Heaven knows I'm practically a fixture at the library as it is. If he was working on that, perhaps I can get a jump on it while I'm looking up some other things for myself," Miriam offers. She is known to haunt the library, reading everything from old newspapers to ancient foreign tomes.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"The Carlyle Expedition... can't say I'm terribly familiar with that little affair. Not any more than what I read in the papers, at any rate. Although if Elias is involved with it, it may be interesting, to say the least." William grins. "Maybe more fodder for my next book?"

I'm assuming there would have been news stories about this?

Gomez

First Post
Andrew D. Gable said:
I'm assuming there would have been news stories about this?

OOC: Yes you believe that there were several articles in the papers at the time.

Last edited:

Album Cover X

First Post
"Well if there's a need to research newspaper archives I'm sure I could arrange such an activity. You see, Harold, The World's "resident historian" owes me a favor or three. There's a Harold at every paper and it could be worth the time to learn more about this Carlyle group. He has this fancy cross reference system and can find connections most of our paid fact-checkers miss."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"And I can try to find out where Jackson sent the telegraph so we can ask him some of our questions. Charles, would you be a dear and let me use your phone? Thank you," Miriam says.

*Going behind the counter, Miriam picks up the phone.*

"Yes operator? Worldwide Telegraph please," she says briskly. Covering the mouthpiece she turns to the others. "After I find out where he sent it from I'll try to send one to him. And if Worldwide balks I'll get my son to ferret it out. Oh, and I'm going to head off to the library after I'm done and see what I can dig up on this Carlyle Expedition as well. Two heads are better than one, isn't that right Shellenback dear? Oh yes, thank you operator. Yes, Worldwide Telegraph? Oh thank heavens! I'm in a bit of fix and I was hoping you'd be able to help me out. There was a telegram delivered today to a Father O'Malley at Saint Francis Church from one Mr. Jackson Elias. The dear Father wanted to send a telegraph back, but he was going to be giving confession all afternoon. Since I'm a friend of his, he asked me to look into it for him. Could you be so kind as to see where the address might have come from?"

Gomez

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"
"Yes operator? Worldwide Telegraph please," she says briskly. "Yes, thank you operator. Yes, Worldwide Telegraph? Oh thank heavens! I'm in a bit of fix and I was hoping you'd be able to help me out. There was a telegram delivered today to a Father O'Malley at Saint Francis Church from one Mr. Jackson Elias. The dear Father wanted to send a telegraph back, but he was going to be giving confession all afternoon. Since I'm a friend of his, he asked me to look into it for him. Could you be so kind as to see where the address might have come from?"

"Let me check that for you. One minute.............oh yes, that telegram orginated from the Waverly House Hotel, Russel Square, London, England."

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Two heads are better than one, isn't that right Shellenback dear?
"And three heads are even better. I was thinking of doing some poking around for things on this Carlyle Expedition, as well," William says. He shrugs. "Might be interesting. If Elias is involved, it more than likely is."

Remove ads