• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Masks of Nyarlathotep: Chapter 2 (London)

Gomez

First Post
Welcome back to my Masks of Nyarlathotep play by post game. I hope everyone has fun. Let's begin!

The Players:
Miriam Christina LeGou, Spiritualist
Father Sean Patrick O’Malley, Catholic Priest
Jack Chance, Private Detective
Charles Whitford, Bookstore Owner and Antiquarian (NPC)
Jibril ibn Rashad al Qurayshi, Arabic Art Student (NPC)
William T. Llewellyn-Phelps, Author (NPC)

After finding their good friend and expert in death cults, Jackson Elias, murdered in his hotel room in New York City, our brave group of investigator begin looking into Jackson's last project, the lost Carlyle Expedition. After encountering an dangerous Africa cult in Harlem, the team has followed clues left behind by Elias to London England. There they are opposed by sinister force.

Gomez

First Post
The Continental Hotel
London England
Around 11:30 PM

Jack and Father O'Malley walk into the lobby of the Continental Hotel to find several police with William and Jibril.

"Jack! Sean! It's terrible. They took Miriam and Charles!" shouts William as he sees you walk into the lobby.

Gomez

First Post
Miriam

[sblock] Miriam awakens. Her head swims with a think fog and a painful bump on the back of her head throbs. She is laying down on some hard surface that bumps and moves. It's dark save for some faint light towards her feet. Her mouth is dry and her hands are bound behind her back. A painful tingling races through her fingers. As her eyes begin to adjust, she sees a a dark shape laying on the ground in front of her.[/sblock]

Vendetta

First Post
"Woah, woah. Slow down. Who took them? What happened?" Jack says, getting quite pissed off by now. There was just way too much going on here that he didn't know and it seemed things were getting worse by the minute... God, how he wanted a drink.

yangnome

First Post
Father O'Malley wrinkles his brow as he tries to interpret what he's hearing. He looks around the room Did the police take them? or were they kidnapped? He soon breaks from his thought, figuring he'll find out soon enough.

"What information do you have William? please, slow down and tell us from teh start."

Gomez

First Post
William takes a deep breath and then guides Jibril, Jack, and Father O'Malley over to a corner of the lobby away from the police. "Miriam and Charles are missing. I think someone kidnapped them from the hotel room. When Jibril and I came back to the room it was a mess and there was a bloody club on the floor." He glances around nervously. "One of the hotel employees was attacked at the side entrance by a group of men. Someone also saw some men caring some large sacks out of the side alley. I bet it was Charles and Miriam in those sacks."

Jibril looks shaken as he adds this bit. "We had gotten a call from some man with an Arabic accent after you two left saying that if we wanted to learn the truth about the Brotherhood to meet him at Waterloo Bridge. It sounded like a trap but William and I went anyway. We didn't see anyone there at the bridge but we both smelled burnt hair and we remembered that story that we read at Mahoney's office regarding an Mr.Groot. So we both high tailed it out of there in a hurry. When we came back we found the room in a mess and Miriam and Charles were gone. Inspector Barrington is here investigating." Jibril points to the policeman talking to one of the hotel employees.

Remove ads