Masks of Nyarlathotep: Chapter 2 (London)

Gomez

First Post
"I will certainly check out the British Musesum then and the others on your list. I would like you to say in town and at this hotel for the time being. We might need to question you again in the morning. I will make sure that the hotel is watched over and have a couple of bobbies standing watch at all times. I hope that is fine with you gentlemen?" says Inspector Barrington.

Gomez

First Post
Croydon Glenister

Having his breakfest and reading the times in his sister's and her husbands kitchen. Croyden's eye catches a story.

Two Americans Abducted From London Hotel

Late last night two american tourist; Miriam LeGou and Charles Whitford of New York City were kidnapped from there rooms at the Continental Hotel. Eye witnesses to the event believed that a gang of foreigners were responsible for the abduction. One hotel employee was injured in the attack. Mrs. LeGou and Mr. Whitford had just arrived in London with several traveling companions. Scotland Yard is currently investigating the disappearances.

The names of the kidnapped people jump out to Croydon as they were known assocates of his friend Jackson Elias.

Last edited:

yangnome

First Post
"Certainly. We don't have any intentions of going anywhere, and I appreciate your assistance in keeping us safe. We'll do everything possible to help track down Charles and Miriam."

[OOC: Sorry, was away from home and without computer access for teh last few days.]

Gomez said:
Croydon Glenister

Having his breakfest and reading the times in his sister's and her husbands kitchen. Croyden's eye catches a story.

The names of the kidnapped people jump out to Croydon as they were known assocates of his friend Jackson Elias.

Croydon puts down the paper, almost as if in a trance. Kidnapped? he thinks. Whatever for?

He retrieves the scissors his sister keeps in the desk, cuts out the brief article, and folds it twice. After putting the scissors back, Croydon stashes the clipping in his pocket. He dons his coat as he slips out the front door. Hailing a taxi, he heads to the Continental Hotel.

Not much to go on, Croydon thinks ruefully as he re-reads the news brief over and over. He has not personally met Mrs. LeGou and Mr. Whitford, but they are friends of Jackson. Perhaps Croydon can help. It beats filling orders in the grocery shop, anyway.

Arriving at the hotel, Croydon pays his cab fare and enters the building. He walks up to the front desk and speaks to the clerk on duty. "Excuse me, where might I find the traveling companions of Mrs. LeGou and Mr. Whitford?"

[OOC: I was on vacation, and my wife's Blackberry could not handle the internet very well. (My "butter fingers" probably did not help!) Sorry for the delay, but I do not have any more internet-free vacations planned!]

Gomez

First Post
The hotel receptionist directs Croyden to the dining room and to a table in which four gentlemen are discussing something over breakfast.

"We have to find them and fast. I just hope that they are still alive." says William with a slight tremble in his voice. "If it's the same bunch from New York....." He pauses as he remembers that dark ceiler under the Ju-ju House. His face goes pale and he begins to sweat and shake even in the cool of the London winter.

Croydon walks up to the table. "Pardon my interruption, but I'd like to help." Glancing nervously at William, Croydon quickly makes eye contact with the other gentlemen at the table. "I did not know your friends personally, but I have heard of them from Mr. Jackson Elias. Do you know Jackson as well?"

"Croydon. Croydon Glenister," he says, as he offers his hand in friendship. "I have corresponded with--and done some small tasks for--Mr. Elias in the past. Acquiring books, mostly."

"Just through the post, actually," Croydon admits a little sheepishly. "My sister 'introduced' us by letter, when she learned that Jackson was looking for something in Dublin. I was stationed there, and she thought I could help him."

"And you are?" Croydon asks the priest, looking at him with a warm smile.

Remove ads