Masters of the Arcane IC

Jemal

Adventurer
Elzmyr nods at the note, yawning and stretching as he inspects his new surroundings "Awesome spell there, but I wish they'd given me a moment of warning. He frowned at his rather sparse accomodations, deciding to touch them up AFTER the 'assembly'.
With a shrug, he began humming to himself, his clothes becoming clean and fresh as the door opened before him, and he walked through, closing it behind him with a whistle. The paper floated a foot in front of him as he wandered down the hall, following it's directions to the auditorium, looking around at his new 'home' as he walked.
[sblock=ooc]
just for the record, no I don't have a way of stopping the second half of your post Albedo, but the fact that I was buffed with a flight spell (unless it was also dispelled) means I wasn't dumped into the dirt along with the others on the first part :p
Also, I use Prestidigitation to clean myself, as well as 'buffing' with Mage Armour, Comprehend Languages, Moment of Presience, and Dragonsight, followed by Telekinesis, which I use to open the door, close the door, and carry the paper. As usual, Disguising my spells.
Spells cast: one cantrip, two 1st lvl, one 5th lvl, and one 8th lvl [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Gregorius

Ignoring the little more dust on his person, he looks after his familiar. Given it's ability to fly it is undamaged from the "fall". With a touch, he heals the slight disturbance on his own form.
"Ralyx, stay close and be invisible", he commands his familar telepathically.

Than he uses detect magic if the room, walls or anything else is magical.
Afterwards he takes the note. Lacking longtime buff spells, he cast some spells on his room instead, before leaving it (looking at the outside door, if his name is on it) and goes to the dining room. As others have a tendency to eat, this seems a good place to start.

[sblock=ooc]
Spells cast on room: Unhallow (bane kicker, anyone not venerating Nerull), Symbol of Death (scribed on the inside of the door, trigger: passing through the door from either side, excluding Gregorius and Ralyx.[/sblock]

KerlanRayne

Explorer
The new members of the "school" recall another event from the previous night.

*FLASHBACK*

Oak Leaf, a fairy looking creature, casts a spell and then floats forward before the robed figures. "You have chosen us to possibly become students of your masterful arts. I find it rude that some of the others simply left your presence after their display. It does not show respect. As for my display, I'm not sure what to do. I can change into an Angel from the Heavens of Celestia," he suddenly transforms into a large Angel, beautiful to behold, "or maybe a Devil from the Nine Hells," he then transforms into a Pit Fiend. "Is that impressive? How about this." He casts a spell and creates a very small castle made of stone. It's very intricate and beautiful, but too small for even his tiny form to enter. "Not much, I understand, but I can change that." He casts another spell and the castle grows many times it's original size, until it's just right for Oak to use. "Seems like I'm using up an awful lot of space, let me take care of that for you." Oak then shrinks the castle back down, and Disintegrates it. "I hop that this humble display of my abilities is enough to let me enter your "Academy" of sorts.
[SBLOCK=OOC]Oak uses Shapechange, Wall of Stone, Polymorph Any Object, Dispel Magic, and Disintegrate[/SBLOCK]

Jemal

Adventurer
*Elzmyr raised an eyebrow as he walked down the hall, remembering that other Transmuter.. hmm, nothing he couldn't do himself (With much more flair, of course), but still.. competition is competition..*

Voadam

Legend
Kinslath regains consciousness, wondering what type of effect the unseen masters of the school used upon him. Being a drow he had no experience with sleep and his body appeared unharmed. Kinslath read the note and turned to his large tiger companion. "Stay." He said and then left down through the hall. As he walked his form changed into that of an eagle streaking swiftly down the hall to the assembly chamber.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Oak Leaf wakes up in a room that is too large for him and his familiar, a hawk named Shooting Star. On one side of the room, there is a complete set of furniture that's just the right size as well as a space for Star near the window. "Obviously I'm going to have to make better use of this space. I hope they don't mind if I split this room into 2 or 3 levels. I'll have to ask later." Oak casts a few precautionary spells to begin his day, Superior Resistance as well as Mind Blank and Moment of Prescience. He casts Greater Arcane Sight in order to get an idea about the magic he encounters in this place as well as on the other "students". "Come Star, lets take a look at our new surroundings." Taking the map he opens the door and they both fly off towards the meeting place.
[SBLOCK=OOC]Does Oak notice any magic in the building?I just noticed that I'm the only actual Wizard here. I find that unusual. I guess everyone wanted to try something different.[/SBLOCK]

Albedo

First Post
When everyone EVENTUALLY walks into the meeting place, Gregorius holding everyone up a good half hour as he walks in with a full stomach.

Before the collected dozen casters here, stands 3 robed man, as well as an elf, decked out like a ranger wearing chain shirt, and weidling a longsword and a longbow. Many of the casters gathered here though remember the ranger standing amongst them when they were undertaking their first trial. One of the robes figures greets the new arrivals.

"Congratulations on your entrance into this esteemed academy of the magical arts. The other day, you all witnessed a probably unknown magical feat, and I'll bet their are a few questions as to the nature of how you got here. Simply put, you all have died. This was your first experience with death here, both to give you a feel for the experience, and to show you all that their are powers here that extend far beyond any of your dreams.

However, do not be distraught. Long ago, this school was not founded by an epic man capable of bending the world to his will, but 8 normal casters, people like you. They understood that they could not break their limitations on their own, and banded together in order to overcome their problems as a whole. These men BECAME great. And they founded the school you see here today.

Behind us, you will note a portal, a gate to the main school building that will lead you to all the resources we have to offer you. Now don't get us wrong, there is no stuctured method of learning here. No classes to be forced to attend, though lectures will be available for those who want to sit in. Master Alediumious will be holding a lecutre in hall C about the "Purposes of Unique Transmutation" for anyone caring to attend.

But there is much else to do. Labs for magical experimentation, libraries to study on what others before you have done, and an arena that will grant you the chance to test your skills against your peers. You have already been given your rooms, redesign them as you like. We have here something we don't get too often as well. A new teacher. He will be tasked with looking out for you. Ask him anything you must. With that, we will leave you fledgling casters to grow into what you will."

The three men in robes nod to the new group of students and go back through the portal to the rest of the school.

Jemal

Adventurer
Elzmyr grinned as the speech concluded. "Hmm, sounds like fun" he noted to whoever was sitting beside him "I think I'm gonna check out that transmutation lecture first. Anybody else in?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Gregorius

"Is this Master Alediumious the new teacher? Or missed I something? If he is, I will acompany you to the lecture. While I'm not asuming much for my chosen field of study, perhaps this will help me unerstand some of your magics better."

Gregorius quickly looks around, searching if the one he had paralyzed is also here.

To Elzmyr he adds: "Interesting sensation, this dying, isn't it?"

Jemal

Adventurer
"Aye, a different sensation.. or rather, a lack of sensation. I assume that either whatever they used to 'kill' us was instantaneously deadly or the lack of sensation is an effect of the power used to bring us back. As far as the new teacher goes, I'm guessing that this is NOT master Aledemious.. Sir, might I ask what your name is?" The last part is spoken in a raised voice as Elzmyr addresses the remaining, ranger-looking man.

Remove ads