• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Masters of the Wild: First Impressions

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I'm friends with Mike Selinker, one of the authors. I'll see if he'll tell me what "keen edges" does for the deepwoods sniper. My guess is that it's an ability that they removed from the class, but forgot to take off the chart.

Malin Genie said:
It seems really strange to me (and living in the Antipodes, I don't yet have access to the book) that an 'Eye of Gruumsh' PC should require proficiency and focus in the Orc Double Axe when Gruumsh's favoured weapon is the spear...

Maybe this was incorporated the same way rage was for EWM. To make somewhat of a racial (or in EWM's case, class) requirement for it. Of course anyone who has a problem with the requirement can just spend the feat on the EWP for Orc Double Axe. I understand the statement about the spear, but also think of it this way. Perhaps the diety favors this weapon to be used by this particular class of servant.

Roleplaying is about creativity, use your imagination to explain things that rules seem to make foggy.

I think this requirement does exist to make it more appealing to half-orcs above all, but it doesn't eliminate other races from taking the class like the Elven Blood attribute for Bladesinger.

Not a problem for me, if my players wanted the class they need to be half-orc, or spend the feat. Simple

Oz

Last edited:

Piratecat said:
I'm friends with Mike Selinker, one of the authors. I'll see if he'll tell me what "keen edges" does for the deepwoods sniper. My guess is that it's an ability that they removed from the class, but forgot to take off the chart.

I don't have the book in front of me but the word keen should be an obvious statement to expanding the critical range of the weapon.

Jairami

First Post
Correct. Originally they had the ability to cast Keen Edge 3 times per day. After the keen arrows ability was added, this ability became pointless and was struck from the text. Unfortunately, it was forgotten in the chart. I'm sure errata will correct the oversight.

Valentine

First Post
Piratecat said:

Could you also ask him about the maneuvrability of a Geomancer with wings (Drift 5)?

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Not sure if this has been bruaght up yet....but what the fudge is up with the ECL's in the book?! Here, I thought they were going to be cool and useful and I get lines like "A centaur is levels +7, so a 1-st level Druid who is a Centaur would be considered level 6" (or something similar).

BLARGH!

Other than this (rather glaring) oversight, the book is nice all around. My druid PC is very happy now that she gets to be a Master of Beasts.

Remove ads