• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maybe it's generational...

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
Nope.

I think it sometimes too.

But you pretty much have to have actually watched the sitcom at one point in order to think that.

Which could also be an indication of how old some people are.

Because, at least to my knowledge, it's not out on DVD yet, and it should be.

Apparently, some of it is:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/WKRP-Cincinnati-Complete-First-Season/dp/B000MXPE6U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1288966145&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete First Season: Gary Sandy, Gordon Jump, Howard Hesseman, Tim Reid, Loni Anderson, Richard Sanders, Frank Bonner, Jan Smithers, Asaad Kaleda, Will Mackenzie, Rod Daniel: Movies & TV[/ame]

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Imagine how much more confused you'd be if you played WFRP in Cincinnati.

And yes, I've thought the same thing. Damn good show.

CarlZog

Explorer

It's also available on hulu, but in both cases the show's epic soundtrack has been replaced with generic, background rock music.

This has been the big stumbling block for the show's dvd success and ongoing syndication: Securing rights to all the '60s and '70s bands whose music was on the show has made it too expensive to re-release except with this crappy background music dubbed over.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
It's also available on hulu, but in both cases the show's epic soundtrack has been replaced with generic, background rock music.

This has been the big stumbling block for the show's dvd success and ongoing syndication: Securing rights to all the '60s and '70s bands whose music was on the show has made it too expensive to re-release except with this crappy background music dubbed over.

Hmm... I can think of a couple places that would mess with the show.

In one scene, Johnny Fever is playing "Dogs" by Pink Floyd. Arthur Carlson ambles by, is confused, and asks something to the effect "Do I hear dogs barking" to which Johnny, looking totally baked, replies "I do". Good comedy.

And then there's the episode with the Soviet defector and the use of Elton John's song "Tiny Dancer". Of course, that one features so prominently it would probably be worth getting permission.

rogueattorney

Adventurer
There was a show about censors trying to get the station to stop playing John Lennon's "Imagine" due to the "Imagine there's no Heaven" and "no religion too" lines.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads