• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Mearls' "Firing" tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Yeah, [MENTION=6799753]lowkey13[/MENTION] is pretty much an open book in that regard.

Gardens & Goblins

First Post
@lowkey13 You have some soul searching. Have a chat with the little Lowkey13 inside. Forgive their shining plate armour and noble steed. Look past their aura of divine power. Maybe.. give them a hug. Maybe not.

Probably not. :eek:

Gardens & Goblins

First Post
Well, it's possible that underneath my hard layer of intense Paladin-hatred, there is a happy, sweet, moist layer that can appreciate the Paladin.

But perhaps that layer is really just a cover for a third, even deeper layer, and that layer is exactly the same as my surface layer. Like a pie.

My current theory is you are.. were.. a paladin's mount from 3.5.

Gradine

No! Woah.

Take the win.

Soul searching good. Might lead to healthy change.

Seriously people... >_<

>< It's not about "winning". It's about not letting yourself be mischaracterized. Especially when that mischaracterization is coming from the person claiming to be doing said soul searching.

Because, in even the best possible case, said person still isn't going to be doing any healthy changing if they so fundamentally misunderstand what it is they're being asked to reflect upon in the first place.

Gardens & Goblins

First Post
>< It's not about "winning". It's about not letting yourself be mischaracterized. Especially when that mischaracterization is coming from the person claiming to be doing said soul searching.

Because, in even the best possible case, said person still isn't going to be doing any healthy changing if they so fundamentally misunderstand what it is they're being asked to reflect upon in the first place.

A win - to be taken. I guess ..ok, sure, yeah I can understand how you might think I believe/saying you're trying to win. I'm really not - I mean 'the win' in the sense of.. success? Take the success?

Take the success doesn't really have the same ring to it! :)

Gradine

A win - to be taken. I guess ..ok, sure, yeah I can understand how you might think I believe/saying you're trying to win. I'm really not - I mean 'the win' in the sense of.. success? Take the success?

Take the success doesn't really have the same ring to it! :)

I see what your saying. I just wish I had any faith that it was an actual success. When someone’s parting words include something that insulting and wrong, it feels like I either completely bungled my own attempts at communicating, or else I’m being willfully mischaracterized in order to avoid the very soul searching that’s being claimed. Either way doesn’t feel like a success to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads