D&D 5E Meet Ravenloft's Harkon Lucas and Rudolph Van Richten

WotC has shared some artwork from Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft, featuring the titular vampire hunter himself, and the darklord of Kartakass, Harkon Lucas. "Rudolph Van Richten prepares for his next expedition, watched over by the spirit of his son, Erasmus." "A born liar and shape-shifter, Harkon Lukas orchestrates elaborate manipulations. He's rarely seen without his signature...

WotC has shared some artwork from Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft, featuring the titular vampire hunter himself, and the darklord of Kartakass, Harkon Lucas.

rudolph.jpeg

"Rudolph Van Richten prepares for his next expedition, watched over by the spirit of his son, Erasmus."

harkon.jpeg

"A born liar and shape-shifter, Harkon Lukas orchestrates elaborate manipulations.
He's rarely seen without his signature wide-brimmed hat; wolf's tooth necklace; and violin, which he calls Bleeding Heart."

Great. Now I need to create a Club 54-ish Ravenloft domain. Disco Inferno, it is!

That's actually a good idea.
Everything looks like a party, non-stop dancing. Until you realize the dancing truly is non-stop. As in you dance until you're dead. And then they raise you as undead and still make you keep dancing. Forever.

I wonder about a female version of Harkon Lucas as a "silf" ( = Shapesifter I would f..).

Maybe there is some plot in the retcon or reboot, but we shouldn't worry too much if we want to enjoy the game. And the canon is not too important if the DMs adds his own ideas altering the metaplot.

Now I am thinking about Blade the vampire-hunter, the first look in the 70's comics, the new hair-style in the 90's revival as member of the night-stalkers (I bought that comic when he wasn't famous yet), and the next look after the action-live movies. Lots of characters from comics show the change of fashion through the different ages, for example the Louis Lane from the golden age.

Deleted. I'm far too annoyed by the "consistent art direction" thread to want to bother commenting on it.
What I find irritating about those folk is it is actually trying to dictate to DMs what their game should look like. When my players arrive in a new region one of the things I try to do is give it a distinctive look. That might be fashions, architectural styles, that sort of thing (Trenchcoats and fedoras are big in Korranburg). I use some of my own art, as well as scavenging things I think fit from the net. I don't want WotC telling me what my game should look like.

Remove ads

Remove ads