• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Menace of the Icy Spire (Ozymandias79 judging)

renau1g

First Post
Lifting the rod to his lips, Murphy blows on the still smoking implement and replaces it in his beltloop. "Not much ofa welcome now is it? Maybe this master doesn't like guests? It ain't like were trying to convert him to some new religion or nothing. Ah well, I s'pose we take a second and catch our breath afore we go inside?" Murphy says as he walks back to the sleds and leans up against one, preening his fingernails with his dagger.

[sblock=OOC]
Murphy was pretty judicious with his powers in the fight, so nothing used yet, although he'll most likely use one now (with a bonus from Larinza, I hope)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

changer

First Post
Janus checks the bodies of the fallen monsters, making sure they are truly gone beyond. "Nice work on the last one Murphy, got him right in the kisser." Seeing there is not much to see he finds a comphy spot and attends to his wounds.

[sblock=ooc]
Janus will use a healing surge after the body check, I dont suppose the were all carrying full money pouches and unused magical weapons?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Janus stat block]
Janus Reinhardt - Male Human Wizard 1
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 19
AC: 16, Fort: 12, Reflex: 15, Will: 16 -- Speed: 6
HP: 22/22, Bloodied: 11, Surge Value: 5, Surges left: 6/7
Initiative: +4
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Available
Powers: Magic Missile, Ray of frost, Thunderwave, Icy Terrain, Freezing Cloud, Sleep (Memorized)
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
There are no bodies - they all disintegrated or blew into chunks. That's why I've been removing them from the map instead of marking them with a blood splotch. :)
[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock="OOC"]
My fault, I didn't notice that he'd used Tide of Iron becuase he didn't include the push in his post.

In my defense, Ozy advized me on tactics, and he didn't notice either.
[/sblock]

"Am I the only one getting seriously tired of this island? Lets find out what's in this tower and be done with it."

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
"Agreed. Let's blast whomever is inside then get back somewhere warm. I haven't been to Daunton in a while." Murphy agrees

[sblock=OOC]
Suggestion. Short rests to heal up, using Larinza's inspiring word to maximize healing. Murphy needs 1 to get close enough to max hp.
[/sblock]

balth

First Post
Balth picks himself up off the ground, the magical healing managed to have done most of the work closing his wounds.

Aye, I have grown tired of magic and cold. When we return from this trip, I hope it's two things I don't see again for a good while.

The scar on his face looks more pronounced as the air chills as he speaks. He waits for the others, then begins to head in as they do.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Resting]
So how many healing surges is everyone spending here?

Assuming you're about to go inside, what's your marching order? Are you dragging the sleds in with you?
[/sblock]

balth

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I am a tad confused. I have 27 HP (I'm level 2) maybe I didn't do something right by saying that? I believe I had reflected it in my stat block when we started this encounter.

Regardless of max hp tho, if I was down on the ground, and medic was applied to me, I'd take my second wind automatically, start at zero and regain six HP. then if healed for an additional 9, I'd be at 15 out of max. So under that assumption, I will spend 2 more surges for a total of four spent.

I will march in the back.

[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
*Marching order (as it looks like its two squares wide)

Shorrin - Larinza - 1st rank
Murphy - 2nd rank
Balth - Janus - 3rd rank

Murphy will spend 1 HS using Larinza's Inspiring Wordhealing bonus (1d6=5) to get back to full health.
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I am a tad confused. I have 27 HP (I'm level 2) maybe I didn't do something right by saying that? I believe I had reflected it in my stat block when we started this encounter.

Sorry! I copied the first Status text of this encounter from the end of the last encounter, and didn't notice I hadn't updated your hp. So you probably shouldn't have gone unconscious - too late to retcon that now, though.
[/sblock]

Remove ads