• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mensans, reveal yourselves

PA

First Post
Cedric said:
Join the Prometheus Society ...then you get bragging rights.

According to my GRE, I'm one in a thousand, but I'm sure I would have scored better had I been tested in French. :p Actually, I was, a long time ago. My junior high had a shrink come especially to test me. I scored just below the genius level; the shrink told my parents I would have scored much higher if I were not so immature (yes, even for a 12-yr old).

Getting into Mensa was a breeze. That's 2 in a 100. Multiply that by the number of people on this planet and you've got hundreds of millions of potential members. Hardly very selective.

(And I've DMed most often. Already as a 12-yr old, in fact.)

Cedric said:
Join the Prometheus Society ...then you get bragging rights.

Cedric

My God, the Internet officer looks like a drag queen!

TS

edit (case in point)
KarynHuntting.jpg

Last edited:

In highschool, I wanted to go and take the official test. The next morning, there was a crazy snowstorm and I couldn't make it. It was as well since the test cost like 80$ to take... Also, the night before the test, I dreamt that I had taken the test in a big classroom, and that they were giving us our scores back... on frisbees. I scored ~180 and I was happy, until I realized that people around me had scored in the thousands or tens of thousands, and that those people were butt-ugly.

Ahh, crazy dreams.

TS

edit: oh yeah I like to play rogues, fighter/rogues and wizards.

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Mensa is tremendously useful if you need to meet people who have like interests; when all is said and done, it's a big social club, so it's good for meeting people who like the same things you do. If I was moving to a new place and wanted to meet interesting new folks, I'd probably renew my membership. If you already have a network of friends that you really enjoy, though, I'm not sure how useful it is.

I think measuring someone's value through Mensa membership- whether intellectually or as a person - is highly suspect. I'd say a vast quantity of my friends are as smart or smarter than I am, and that's apparent in their daily lives and daily interactions. They don't need a membership card to reaffirm it.

der_kluge

Adventurer
If you want to see if you could be in Mensa, you could try their "Mensa workout". I think it's similar to an entrance test, but smaller.

http://www.mensa.org/workout.html

Someone I talked to in the hotel business said that Mensa would come and do a yearly gathering at their hotel. He said mostly they just ran around naked a lot.

Remove ads