• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mental Bloc - IC

Committed Hero

Adventurer
"You'll not be alone. And while I disagree about how useful guns will be here, we will have access to any of the equipment you think is necessary."

A quick look at the blueprints shows you that the building itself is ten floors high. There does not appear to be much security at the entrances on the ground.

If anyone wants to roll a relevant skill check, let me know what you're thinking and let fly. I want sort of an Ocean's 11 planning montage out of this, if that's cool with you guys.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"So, do we have any idea how big their operation is? How many people working for them other than the three we already dealt with? Do they occupy the whole 8th floor, or just part of it? Any sign that they regularly use helicopters or anything from the roof? Or is it even clear enough on the roof to do that? Wouldn't want them to escape that way. Any chance we can have a couple snipers on nearby rooftops to pick them off if they show up on the roof? Or could we go in through the rooftop ourselves? Something about going up through 7 floors of civilians strikes me as scary. Too many places for them to have cameras or their own security system to see us coming. What other businesses are in that building or on that floor if our badguys don't take up the whole floor? Anything we can use for cover for getting into the building?" Lex blurts out bunches of questions rapid fire as they come to the surface in his brain. "Hmmm, that's good for a start. We'll see what else I can think of in a bit..."

Lex goes over the plans, trying to gather what information he can from them. He also thinks back to some of his criminal friends and ways that they've talked about getting into places where someone wasn't supposed to be and how to do it without notice...

Lex Gather Info check and Knowledge(Streetwise) check (1d20+10=23, 1d20+5=23)

OOC: These were the only skills I saw that seemed aplicable to the situation so I gave it a shot and came out pretty good. Hopefully he comes up with some good info...

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Q: How many people are usually in the building and do they have powers?

The building looks like it might hold up to 1,000 workers on a capacity day. It looks like there is office space in GUNΦT's floor for 15 or so permanent workers.

Q: So, do we have any idea how big their operation is?

As far as we know, they bill themselves as an academic organization. But we've rescued at least one person who claims to have been detained at a special "resort" somewhere on the Upper Peninsula in Michigan.

Q: How many people working for them other than the three we already dealt with?

We don't know.

Q: Do they occupy the whole 8th floor, or just part of it?

From the plans, it looks like all of the floor is theirs. The plans show an anomalous area on the 9th floor that looks as though it is accessible from the 8th floor - and nowhere else.

Q: Any sign that they regularly use helicopters or anything from the roof?

There appears to be nothing on the roof.

Q: Any chance we can have a couple snipers on nearby rooftops to pick them off if they show up on the roof?

Doubtful.

Q: Or could we go in through the rooftop ourselves?

That is a distinct possibility.

Q: What other businesses are in that building or on that floor if our badguys don't take up the whole floor?
Q: Anything we can use for cover for getting into the building?

We were hoping a small recon mission might answer these questions.

Shayuri

First Post
Ash spends some time looking at the maps, but anyone studying her face can tell she's not really seeing them...she seems more lost in thought. Finally she looks up at each person.

"You guys are really serious about this, huh?"

She starts collecting the maps and so on into a neat little pile.

"If so, we won't need these just yet. You have to start at the basics. What are we doing? What do we want to accomplish? We all have to be clear on those, or it'll fall apart."

She plants her hands on her hips and looks around again.

"So. What specifically are we trying to do? Steal something? Kill everyone? Blow the floor? Blow the building?"

Remove ads