• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mental Bloc - IC

Committed Hero

Adventurer
[sorry for the delay, for some reason the bookmark to my subscribed threads wasn't working and I figured it was due to site problems]

Any gear you need before the recon trip?

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Good question. Unfortunately, without knowing what other businesses are located there already, we can't really disguise ourselves right as people who should be there already. Lex doesn't have any ranks in Disguise, so I'm not sure how they would try to hide themselves other than hats and sunglasses in case there are cameras. Then we can check the lists of companies in the building and write down any (especially near the same floor) that may be usefull to use as cover on the actual run. If needed, Lex should be able to fast talk their way through some regular security to get where they need to be for recon on this trip.

Committed Hero

Adventurer
It's fairly easy to loiter around the lobby, which you do one lunch hour. There is a guard desk, but it is not occupied when you visit. You have a long while to look at the plaque showing the inhabitants of the building. There are no other tenants listed on the 8th floor. The 7th floor has a law office and what looks like an insurance or investment firm. The 9th floor has two listings for one form (BioVacc) and 3 other companies you've also not heard of.

Shayuri

First Post
Ash spends a few minutes looking at the directory, then wanders away from it before jotting the company names on a small notepad. Google searches for later. She glances at her watch from time to time, as if waiting for something, and looks around, noting the positions of cameras.

In particular, she looks for signs proclaiming "FOR RENT" or "FOR SALE." If there are empty suites in the building, that could simplify things...

Shayuri

First Post
Once she's finished her casing of the foyer, she walks out of the building and across the street before drawing on her notepad a quick sketch of the lobby along with the camera locations and elevator doors marked.

Assuming the others keep pace with her, she looks at them as they catch up.

"So what do you guys think?"

A Crazy Fool

First Post
"I'm no epert on this breaking and entering stuff, who we should find out more about the companies near the 8th floor. I could try applying for a job at one of them if any are hiring. I'm very good ad convincing people psycically."

Shayuri

First Post
"Mm. Too risky. Takes too long. Here..." She hands him the lobby's business card.

"Call the building's rental management company and see who's where. Just ask for a list of all the current tenants. Less suspicious than asking for just a few floors."

"I'm gonna take some pictures..."

Remove ads