Mercenary Adventures of the B-Team (closed group)

whardell

Explorer
Smash, zombie-like, simply walks over to bloody Mal and lifts him up from the fallen Kvatch. Then, servant-like, he kneels on both knees and puts his nose to the dirt at Mal's feet. Coughing, he struggles with King's. "I yours now. Others too. We's sharvik. What's you wants me do?" Smash is still wounded from your original battle w/ Kvatch, not to mention the large portion of his scalp showing from where Kvatch ripped his hair away.

Well, that went about as expected. Mal regard the cheering orcs and Smash, he nods at Smash's wounds and then at Surgeon. Surge'll fix you right up Smash, and don't go grovelling I've got ego enough as it is. We're gonna need a campsite, fire, food, and a couple of decent swordhands. My offer to Smash stands, I will train you and make you a fierce warrior. If there are others that wish to follow us they can make themselves known. None here have to be Sharvik to me, but those that choose to follow had best do so loyally... [To the Dwarf] Mighty fine swing you got there.

Phesic

First Post
Surge looks up from where he has spent the last few moments extracting the opal from its previous housing.

Of course, it would be my pleasure to look after your injured, as soon as I take care of my friends here.

Seeing that Mal is pretty much recovered and Falk was barely touched, I turn towards Ches.

How are you feeling? Show me where it hurts.

Bending low and scooping her up, Surge's one good eye looks at her with what one assumes is compassion.

How about we find you a nice bed to rest in?

Last edited:

larryfinnjr

First Post
Well, that went about as expected. Mal regards the cheering orcs and Smash, he nods at Smash's wounds and then at Surgeon. Surge'll fix you right up Smash. And don't go grovelling, I've got ego enough as it is.
Surge looks up from where he has spent the last few moments extracting the opal from its previous housing.

Of course, it would be my pleasure to look after your injured, as soon as I take care of my friends here.

Surgeon, skillful as ever, takes his party and the orc into his care and treats their wounds. He then pries the gem from Kvatch's eye socket, inspecting it with his particular emotionally-detached manner. It's of rather high quality, certainly worthy of its hiding space. In addition, he takes a closer look at Kvatch's armor. Picking at the pieces damaged in the attack, it becomes obvious that the metal was added afterwards to a much more detailed hide jerkin with horned shoulders beneath.

[sblock=stuffs] The opal is a 300gp gem. The armor (once the metal bits are stripped away), is known as Horn Tusk Hide (+1)

Also, spent 2 more surges from Mal to heal up Smash. [/sblock]

We're gonna need a campsite, fire, food, and a couple of decent swordhands. My offer to Smash stands: I will train you and make you a fierce warrior. If there are others that wish to follow us they can make themselves known. None here have to be Sharvik to me, but those that choose to follow had best do so loyally.

Smash is taken aback. His is a world built on violence and power. The strong lead the weak. The weak serve. "I's... I's Mal's. I's help, do fires and foods. I's sharvik and serves Mal. I's tell others." And, after Surgeon's caring touch-ups, runs off, ostensibly to share his story with the rest of his clutch.

Stump pokes his head outside the bar-priori-barn, slowly clapping his hands for/at the party. "Bravo, bravo. You four managed to not get yourselves killed and take down a member of the trannsh. I suspect you may have made some friends here. And some enemies. Watch your backs, gentlemen." He then turns to re-enter his domain. Waving his had up over his head toward the interior, he calls back to the group, "Comon, let's finish up our buisiness."

Last edited:

larryfinnjr

First Post
Stump takes his custom chair behind his 'workspace' as you follow him into the Hungry Orc. From under the rug serving as a tablecloth, he pulls a crude hand-drawn map and hands it to you. "Here," he says, pointing to an area circled in the forest, "is where this group is. It's not far from here, maybe three hours' walk. I don't know and don't wanna know how you get in there, but I recommend you at least come up with some kinda plan - once I hire a team, I don't like sloppiness. My win-loss numbers are too good to just throw in with ANYone. You guys got something - now you just need to harness it, refine it. And you'll go far."

"Meh, there I go all waxin' philosophical an' all. Fergit it. Got any questions?"

GM: Chance here for any last-minute interaction w/ Stump, any activities you want to do, plans you want to make, etc.

Off the top of my head, there's simply bum-rushing the camp, stalking it out, attempting a sneak-in at night (or during any low-activity time), or sneaking in as members. I'm prepared to move forward with any of those options or adapt to whatever you as a group decide on.

Oh, and if you'd like to 'rename' Smash to something more 'orcish' or simply more 'Mal.'

Last edited:

Blutspitze

Explorer
Coming back into the bar, Falk immediately grabs a nearby mug and proceeds to drink ; celebrating the recent battle victory. Slamming it down on the table, now empty, he has a great big smile on his gruff dwarven face.

Ahhhhhhhh!!! Let's get to it, gents!

He glances at the map, looking slightly worried. He begins stroking his beard a bit, deep in thought.

I'm worried about these woods,, myself.... Never was one for the whole 'natural scenery' thing.

He looks to Ches...

And I can't imagine THIS one would be able to resist burning half the bloody thing to the ground. What if we went up north instead, toward the river; coming in around the other side?

Lookiing now to Surge, a slight smirk on his face,

You're water-proofed, right? Won't be going haywire or the like on us if we go up there, would ya? Either way, it'd certainly take longer, but it may give us a much needed bit of an edge for getting into the camp. In the meantime, MORE ALE!!!!!!!!!

Grabbing the nearest full glass, Falk downs it in nearly the blink of an eye. He is quite possibly now more ale than Dwarf. Though the exact distinction between the two has been lost to time.

trolled

First Post
With a spell, Ches grooms herself back to her normal unruffled perfection. The casting seems to settle her nerves and bring her back to the present. Now firmly in control of herself again, Ches glances at the map. Hmming to herself from time to time, she pulls out her journal and begins writing.

Aloud she says, "They're likely to have fortifications or sentries along the main route. We should assume that we'll get into a few scuffs if we go that way. I'm not sure Falk's idea to use the river lacks merit, but we don't know much about these woods. We might lose as much time trying to cut through from the river as just knocking our way through the sentries. And that still leaves the matter of the winking. No, no no... no good," she finishes in a mumble as she continues to write in her journal.

"What if we follow the road, but stick to the forest? Try and go in quiet like. I don't envy getting myself all mucked up, but we're doomed to fail if we just walk right up, nice as you like, and start shooting. We can use the route to guide us, but also stay clear of any sentries... might just work."

Ches tears a page out of her journal and slides it over to Stump, on it is a long list of chemicals and alchemical reagents.

"Consider this half my payment, and do make sure you get it all, please. One vial of each should be sufficient, unless you think more would go well." Ches brushes her hand through her hair and adjusts her clothes in that calculated way, "I might just use up all my alchemist's acid trying to do this one silent."

[sblock="Ches' list"]acetone peroxide
ammonium nitrate
brown hair
chlorine azide
cyclotrimethylenetrinitramine
diacetyl peroxide
diamino dinitroethene
diethylene glycol dinitrate
erythirtol tetranitrate
hexametheylene triperoxide diamine
iron ore
lead
manganese heptoxide
methyl nitrate
nitroglycerin
nitromethane
night oil
orc amber
orc teeth
pentazenium
potassium picrate
rain water
raw fish bone
silver nitride
straw
tetranitromethane
turtle shell
willow bark
xylitol pentanitrate[/sblock]

larryfinnjr

First Post
Coming back into the bar, Falk immediately grabs a nearby mug and proceeds to drink, celebrating the recent battle victory. Slamming it down on the table, now empty, he has a great big smile on his gruff dwarven face.

Ahhhhhhhh!!! Let's get to it, gents!

He glances at the map, looking slightly worried. He begins stroking his beard a bit, deep in thought.

I'm worried about these woods, myself.... Never was one for the whole 'natural scenery' thing.

He looks to Ches...

And I can't imagine THIS one would be able to resist burning half the bloody thing to the ground. What if we went up north instead, toward the river; coming in around the other side?

Looking now to Surge, a slight smirk on his face,

You're water-proofed, right? Won't be going haywire or the like on us if we go up there, would ya? Either way, it'd certainly take longer, but it may give us a much needed bit of an edge for getting into the camp. In the meantime, MORE ALE!!!!!!!!!

Grabbing the nearest full glass, Falk downs it in nearly the blink of an eye. He is quite possibly now more ale than Dwarf. Though the exact distinction between the two has been lost to time.

"Obviously you don't know nuthin' 'bout this area, dwarf," Stump opines in a snide tone. "If you did, you'd know about both the regular patrols the Karadim make on their side of the border and the dangerous lizard folk who live all along the near side. But hey, it's your ass. Do whatcha wanna do, I don't care. Just bring me the key."

As for Falk's amazing feats of consumption, it's as if he had no alcohol in him at all. He's completely unimpared and clear of thought. Which isn't saying too much given his standard mental approach to things. But, at least one thing is clear to him - the bar seems as full as it was just a few minutes ago before the fight with Kvatch, except for the hooded fellow who used to be sitting in the far corner. Now granted, it's not as if you were looking for him. But he sorta stands out, like the rest of you. And there's no other obvious exits from this place. Now maybe it's not even important. But Falk's been known to worry about seemingly 'unimportant' things in the past which has, in the end, kept him alive more than once.

larryfinnjr

First Post
With a spell, Ches grooms herself back to her normal unruffled perfection. The casting seems to settle her nerves and bring her back to the present. Now firmly in control of herself again, Ches glances at the map. Hmming to herself from time to time, she pulls out her journal and begins writing.

Aloud she says, "They're likely to have fortifications or sentries along the main route. We should assume that we'll get into a few scuffs if we go that way. I'm not sure Falk's idea to use the river lacks merit, but we don't know much about these woods. We might lose as much time trying to cut through from the river as just knocking our way through the sentries. And that still leaves the matter of the winking. No, no no... no good," she finishes in a mumble as she continues to write in her journal.

"What if we follow the road, but stick to the forest? Try and go in quiet like. I don't envy getting myself all mucked up, but we're doomed to fail if we just walk right up, nice as you like, and start shooting. We can use the route to guide us, but also stay clear of any sentries... might just work."

Ches tears a page out of her journal and slides it over to Stump, on it is a long list of chemicals and alchemical reagents.

"Consider this half my payment, and do make sure you get it all, please. One vial of each should be sufficient, unless you think more would go well." Ches brushes her hand through her hair and adjusts her clothes in that calculated way, "I might just use up all my alchemist's acid trying to do this one silent."

[sblock="Ches' list"]acetone peroxide
ammonium nitrate
brown hair
chlorine azide
cyclotrimethylenetrinitramine
diacetyl peroxide
diamino dinitroethene
diethylene glycol dinitrate
erythirtol tetranitrate
hexametheylene triperoxide diamine
iron ore
lead
manganese heptoxide
methyl nitrate
nitroglycerin
nitromethane
night oil
orc amber
orc teeth
pentazenium
potassium picrate
rain water
raw fish bone
silver nitride
straw
tetranitromethane
turtle shell
willow bark
xylitol pentanitrate[/sblock]

"Lemme see that..." Stump mutters as he takes the list from Ches. "Cyclone-metha-tirade? Hexa-... Mange-a-knees... Zi-lital...? Whaddyou think, i'm some sorta doctor? I ain't in the business of going shopping for my hoods, let alone YOU newbies. You're all just half-a-hair of crazy! And this stuff? STRAW? RAIN WATER? ORC T....." He stops his growing anger suddenly, gazes up at Ches, back to the list, then back to Ches. "If this is what I think it is, little girl, you better not be bullshiitting. Yeah, half your pay alright, cause it ain't cheap. I'll cut you a break if you let me know who your souce of information is on payday."

"As to the route in... it's only been cleared/used by these Faithful over the past few months," Stump offers. "It's unlikely they'll have anything else set up 'fortification'-wise on the trail, given that, from what I hear, their camp is nothing more than tents and fenceposts. And I've no idea if they walk the trail or even guard the surrounding area at all; you'll have to see for yourselves."

Phesic

First Post
I look around at my companions, processing the data gleaned and the ideas posed and come up with my own idea.

What if we pretend to join them?

It's almost cute how innocent that sounds.

of course, regardless of the plan, we should stay here tonight. to recover and plot of course.

trolled

First Post
Something tells me they are going to talk about the giant stone man that wants to join their order. Not to mention the grumpy dwarf, skulking elf, and horned girl. We'll blend right in.

Last edited:

Remove ads