D&D 5E [Merged] D&D Next/5E Release Schedule Threads

Blackbrrd

First Post
So, 5e basically releases on November 19th when you have access to the PHB/MM/DMG? Kind of hard to create your own stuff until then. I do find this publishing schedule kind of weird, but oh well, doesn't really matter. I will just wait a bit longer.

delericho

Legend
Starter Set 7/15
Players Handbook 8/19
Hoard of the Dragon Queen Adventure 8/19
Monster Manual 9/30
The Rise of Tiamat Adventure 10/21
Dungeon Master's Guide 11/19
Deluxe DM Screen 1/20/15

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_d...155,p_27:Wizards+RPG+Team&sort=date-desc-rank

Very interesting. Thanks for posting that.

So, how much are WotC paying you for doing their announcements for them? :)

My immediate thought: ouch. With the PHB costing $50 I had really expected something to mitigate that cost - a really huge book, or the PHB being the only book required to play. But there's no indication here that either is true, and $150 for the "core three" is a big chunk of money (and, as discussed elsewhere, quite a ways above any previous edition even adjusted for inflation). Though maybe there's something we've not yet seen?

Still, the value of these things really depends more on the nature of the content than the amount - if I were to play 5e as much as 3.5e then $150 would still be a steal.

Teataine

Explorer

My immediate thought: ouch. With the PHB costing $50 I had really expected something to mitigate that cost - a really huge book, or the PHB being the only book required to play. But there's no indication here that either is true, and $150 for the "core three" is a big chunk of money (and, as discussed elsewhere, quite a ways above any previous edition even adjusted for inflation). Though maybe there's something we've not yet seen?

Still, the value of these things really depends more on the nature of the content than the amount - if I were to play 5e as much as 3.5e then $150 would still be a steal.
Well, if you order through Amazon it's actually 40$ per book or 120$ for the bunch.

And I suspect that might be part of the reason behind the staggered release. Paying 120-150$ at once for a game is a lot. 40$ each couple of months is easier to stomach and easier to fit into a monthly budget.

And how many people said I was being chicken little

Reaper Steve

Explorer
Why is this coming from Amazon and not the WOTC website?

My guess:
We'll see an announcement from WotC today.
They likely told Amazon (and other outlets) that the products would be announced Mon, May 19. Amazon took that to mean 12:01 am (and why wouldn't they?... they just secured my preorders.) Of course, WotC is thinking "we'll make a big deal about it in the afternoon" and maybe didn't expect someone to jump the gun. (Or maybe they did... this 'leak' will cause a buzz amongst us die-hards and will have us refreshing WotC's site all day.)

Another clue: the wizards.com/dnd site is normally updated just after 10pm in my time zone. Last night... nothing, and so far this morning... nothing. (For that matter, there's been no update since Wed, which is unusual.)
They'll pull back the curtain in a few hours.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads