• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Meta/OT] This is an OT thread

Tom Cashel

First Post
This topic has nothing to do with the d20 system, D&D, or RPGs in general.

This topic is a response to something that has annoyed me, and I wish to commiserate with the rest of you...the emotional response I am experiencing had clouded all judgment and forced me to post what, in some EN World members' eyes, has no place here.

My comment is not political fnord, but may lend itself to impassioned comment and polarized views.

My comment is my own opinion, and nothing you post will change that opinion. Read what sparked my ire by following the link.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Moderator spots OT thread and notes poster's agitated emotional state.

Moderator posts "heads up" thread in the moderator's forum, noting that this particular poster has caused trouble before (uses search function to create a list of poster's prior trouble-causing threads), encourages moderators to be alert to the first sign of anything religious or political.

Moderator logs off from EN World and playes Star Wars: Galaxies for six hours.

nHammer

First Post
Having delusions of Modhood, I forcefully tell the person who started the thread that it is OT and should not be on these boards.

alsih2o

First Post
points out that only westerners get uptight about such things, stating as proof that the irritation mentioned is considered a holiday treat by an extinct band of islanders who practiced cannibalism.

goes on to make several lame jokes implying that western civilization as whole is beneath me and includes non-relevant picture.

Attachments

• nomi.jpg
    nomi.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 471

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
This post isn't really here, becaus this moderator is only browsing the thread after Eric's heads-up. Makes mental note to check back later in the day.

EricNoah

Adventurer
While his Mon Calamaran artisan prospects for boron, moderator pops in on the thread again. On a hunch, he begins an IP address cross-reference search from the admin control panel to see if the thread originator or anyone else involved in the thread has created alt-IDs. He realizes, too late, that this causes severe server lag and so the forums are unavailable for the next 30 minutes. Meanwhile his Star Wars character has been killed by a rabid womp rat.

Tom Cashel

First Post
Original poster returns and
  1. expresses disbelief at the boneheaded comments made thus far
  2. bumps the thread
  3. expresses wonder at Eric Noah's momentary glimpse into the strange world of the Moderators Only forum
  4. fails to note the irony in protesting OT threads with the creation of another OT thread
  5. is considerate enough to leave his signature out of this, his second post on the same page
  6. fnords wantonly in your direction
    [/list=1]

Enceladus

First Post
Drinks a bottle of soy sauce and tries to fly the thread.

Clear the runway boys!

We're gonna fly this baby, to the MOOOOOOON!:eek:

yeah!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads