• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Meta/OT] This is an OT thread

DerianCypher

First Post
Points out that everyone who has posted to this thread is in fact wrong, and that I in fact hold the truth to the entire situation and that this is actually a very simple matter.

Proceeds to explain his viewpoint in a post that is so long nobody will read it and will be forced to agree that I in fact am right, and everyone else is wrong.

Concludes that this thread could have gone without all the name calling, and proceeds to call the namecallers names.

Gnarlo

Gnome Lover
Supporter
Dutifully reads through all 12 pages of replies like a good poster in order not to repeat what has been said before, then constructs a well thought-out, rational reply that would assure instant moderatorship and inspire everyone on board to spontaneously donate money to send to Gencon because "He's just THAT DAMN GOOD." Clicks on submit to get the "We're sorry but this thread has been closed" message and realizes that he should have just shot off a knee-jerk post like everyone else, and realizes why his post count never goes up.

Goes off to sulk and mutter over why no one ever replies to his posts.

Obligatory movie quote.

/gnarlo!

alsih2o

First Post
Remathilis said:

Wonders if this is a typo or a thinly-veiled religious comment? :)

panics over his immenent banning from the boards over a typo and attempts to shift blame on remathilis with poorly stated argument.

Switches to appropriate punctutation and capitals in mostly right place to get arnwyn to read this part. Then goes back to silking and hoping no one :) notices his religion comment.

jezter6

Explorer
Pleads to mods to allow clay to stay.

Mentions that while not agreeing with clay or anyone else in the thread, he thinks that his opinion is the only one that matters and the fact that you all think something else means you are otherwise inferior.

Tom Cashel

First Post
Darth Shoju said:
*Pees on Tom Cashel's rug and then throws a "marmot" in his bathtub, while he's in it.*

"Hey, man! This is a private residence!"

Gazes longingly into the damn-near hypnotic eyes of the soon-to-be-banned-Clay's dog.

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
Comes in late, reads thread, loses 2d6 points of San, but can't see a reason to close it yet. Maybe it'll die on its own...

...wanders into the mods forum and agrees with Eric's statement that it's likely to go down at any minute.

Figures that I'll regain San lost if I play several hours of Neverwinter Nights.

I'm totally offended by the content of the website Tom Cashel's link directed me to.

This kind of material is totally innapropriate for Eric's grandma, and my 2 month old dog.

I'm also stricken by his less than original attempt to capture the type of energy that emerged in the classic "This is a Troll [meta-thread] "

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39932

I'm also amused by the fact that I keep checking this thread to see what people have posted, and in fact, if the damned page that Tom links to has any fresh content.

My mind wanders...

I wonder for a moment if Tom's avatar looks sort of like Eric Stoltz or some Big Lewbowski actor...

I wonder if im safe from being tracked by my IP address due to the fact that my DSL connection does not utilize a static IP...

I wonder how many people actually have ALT id's...

I wonder how many of you know what my ALT Id's are...

I wonder why I just don't go in the bathroom and talk to myself in the mirror instead of posting on a messageboard...

Last edited:

Angcuru

First Post
Enters thread out of curiosity. Sees posts and wonders what has upset everyone so much, since the link in Tom's original post does not work. Realizes that perhaps this is for the best. Visits Hivemind.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads