Metalheads! Confess & Brag

Eternalknight

First Post
I own all albums by: KISS, Manowar, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard.

Several albums by: Guns n Roses, Poison, Metallica, Aerosmith, Saxon, Iron Maiden, Rob Zombie, AC/DC.

I have to confess that...

...actually I'm not really a metalhead at all. Most of the music that your stereotypical D&D player listens to? I'm not really that familiar with it, nor, when I do hear it, do I have any interest in it. I do like a lot of really older hard stuff, like Land of Rape and Honey era Ministry, or Suicidal Tendencies, or whatnot. But the "metal" I like most is cheesy 80s hair bands like Def Leppard, Van Halen, Quiet Riot, Ratt, etc.

Rather, in the later 80s I abandoned a burgeoning career as a metalhead and became a New Wave fan. It all started with the more pop acts like A-ha and Duran Duran (I have close to complete collections of both) but when Depeche Mode came to my attention, I was completely converted.

I did wander into harder stuff; much of my favorite music is industrial, or at least borderline industrial futurepop and whatnot. One music critic called some of my recent favorite bands as "Depeche Mode with teeth." But nobody's gonna be calling that metal anytime soon.

Can I brag that I had a CD copy of Visage's original eponymous album long before the re-release in the early 90s? That was certainly the hardest thing to get ahold of that I owned.

Last edited:

LightPhoenix

First Post
Confession... okay, so I actually like Maroon 5. Shoot me in the face.

I'm more a prog rock kiddie than a metalhead. Queensryche is definitely up there... Yes, Dream Theater, King Crimson, Liquid Tension Experiment, and Spock's Beard all find numerous songs in rotation. I adore Smashing Pumpkins and Foo Fighters is one of my favorite bands. I've got some A Perfect Circle, Audioslave, Godsmack, Zeppelin, Pearl Jam, Goo Goo Dolls, Skynyrd, Clash, Modest Mouse, Queens of the Stone Age, The Killers, and White Stripes on my playlist right now. On the lighter side I have some Ben Folds, some Simon and Garfunkel, some Toad the Wet Sprocket, some Wierd Al, as well as a couple of Irish rock bands, The Drovers and Quagmyre. Oh, and some Mahler. And the Kill Bill Vol. 1 soundtrack. And Maroon 5. :heh:

Chainsaw Mage

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
I have to confess that...

...actually I'm not really a metalhead at all. Most of the music that your stereotypical D&D player listens to? I'm not really that familiar with it, nor, when I do hear it, do I have any interest in it. I do like a lot of really older hard stuff, like Land of Rape and Honey era Ministry, or Suicidal Tendencies, or whatnot. But the "metal" I like most is cheesy 80s hair bands like Def Leppard, Van Halen, Quiet Riot, Ratt, etc.

Hey, show some respect, son! Def Leppard and Van Halen are good friggin' bands.

Quiet Riot, Ratt . . . one hit wonders.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Chainsaw Mage

My confession:

I have all of Michael Bolton's CDs.

ALL of his CDs?

Even his early work in hard rock as the lead singer of Blackjack...with guitarist Bruce Kulick of KISS fame?

Warrior Poet

Explorer
Chainsaw Mage said:
I have all of Michael Bolton's CDs
[Office Space] "Why should I have to change my name? He's the one that sucks!" [/Office Space]

And I thought Bang Tango was this thread's winner. Well, maybe it still is.
:p

Chainsaw Mage said:
One hit wonders
Hey, Riot had TWO hits. Sure, "Cum On Feel The Noize" was a remake, but it was a hit, and Metal Health was original (and what a bass line!).

Dannyalcatraz said:
with guitarist Bruce Kulick of KISS fame?
Great guitarist. What's Bruce been up to lately?

Rokken with Dokken,

Warrior Poet

Warrior Poet said:
Hey, Riot had TWO hits. Sure, "Cum On Feel The Noize" was a remake, but it was a hit, and Metal Health was original (and what a bass line!).
And let's not forget "The Wild and the Young" which had one of my favorite music videos: in post-apocalyptic Nazi future America, "the man" is trying to keep us from rockin'.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases