• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Midnight Second Edition

Razuur

First Post
I am definitely snagging this. I can't wait. I too have not run a Midnight yet, but have all of the supps.

I am not worried about the cover. I mean come on guys, they rectified the problem last time with style and speed. It is not their fault that the printer had problems making the book. Thier response was swift and tactful.

They have my business.

Razuur

mmadsen

First Post
From their site:
This brand-new edition of Midnight updates the entire campaign to D&D v3.5, and includes all of the content from fan-favorite player supplement Against the Shadow. Additionally, over 40,000 words of new material will be added, including setting details regarding the orcs and legates who serve the Shadow and the desperate but capable Erenlanders who oppose them.​

Last edited:

TroyXavier

First Post
I have the first edition but probably won't get the 2nd edition. We've already got a lot of stuff scheduled to play that I don't know when I'd get to it. Maybe if I find it at the half price store or whatnot.

mmadsen

First Post
mac1504 said:
Fantasy Flight Games' Midnight Second Edition will be available for sale tomorrow. Anyone here planning on picking it up? And if you are, do you have the first edition book, or will this be your first foray into the setting?
I've been meaning to pick up Midnight for quite some time, so this is good news.

Of course, what I'd love to do is play a game leading up to "midnight" -- where the PCs fail to beat the Big Bad, and we end up playing with new characters in the default Midnight setting.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
I'm looking forward to reading this one, and unlike most people in this thread, I've never read the original. And I'm impressed to hear that FFG isn't dropping their d20 lines completely.

Yair

Community Supporter
mmadsen said:
Of course, what I'd love to do is play a game leading up to "midnight" -- where the PCs fail to beat the Big Bad, and we end up playing with new characters in the default Midnight setting.
The thing is, there would be a large discontinuity gap unless you use Midnight rules anyways. Magic works differently, that is the major change.
Since I don't think the Midnight rules are that great anyways, and they definitely don't represent a D&D world that has fallen, I'm thinking of using another system altogether.

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
Most defnitely picking this up (hopefully next week!!), as it is my favorite camapign setting out there.

I have all the supplements so far, and am looking forward to seeing what changes were made for this edition.

Crimson_Manticore

First Post
Jeff Wilder said:
Does anyone know if it will be available through Amazon? (The first edition is, but so far nothing about second.)

Here it is on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1589942167/102-7905629-5352924?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance

I've actually had it on order for a couple of months, just waiting patiently for it to come out. If you aren't convinced that this is the second edition, I point you to:
* The List Price, which is different from the original
* The cover photo, which does display “Second Edition” under the title
* Info in the Product Details section, which indicates that it is the Second Edition

And the best part: it’s 34% off with no shipping costs in the U.S! That’s hard to beat.

Remove ads