Tehn: full wellness
Tunic: 60 - 3 = 57
Coins:
Standard Earnings: 360 shillings / 10 days
Shillings: 237

Animal Parts:
Ant Pinchers: 5, (Cohesion +1)
Ant Stingers: 5, {Toxin x2}
Beetle Elytra: 5 pair (deflect 4, soak 2)
Duck Feathers: 1 set, (Cohesion +1)
Goat Jawbone: 1, (Will +1)
Harvester Feather Talisman: 1, (Health +1)
Peccary Tusks: 1 pair, (Confluence +1)
Viper Skull: 1, ?
Snakeskin: 20% coverage

Ores:
Tin: 1, (Persona +1), {- Mind x 2}
Zinc: 7, (Health +1), {+ Body x 2}

Plants:
Berserker Flowers: 1 measure, {+ Strength x2 / - Mind x3}
Fire Weed: 5 measures, {heat x 2}
Mend Leaves: 1 measure, {+ Body x 2}
Soothe Leaves: 5 measures, {+ Mind x 2}

Stone:
Bloodstone: 1, (Health +1)
Flint: 1, {Shock x2}
Heartstone: 1 (Confluence +1)
Slate: 8, {Sound x2}

Oddities:
nothing here
Taka... "I'd like a new tunic, and new boots. And.. a belt..."
Coldtree decides on the pliable leather... "Maybe..."
coerce + various Collegiate + d100
Coldtree: 20 + 27(muddle) + 27 = 74
Lunnaya: 30 + 23(muddle) + 136 = 189
Average: 131

Huntsman: 40(skepticism) + 12(analysis) + 59(d100) = 111
bargain: 131 - 111 = 20%
Once the report has been completed and a written record has been made, the DWAC are paid their agreed upon 360 shilling stipend, bringing the party's total available expenditure to 287 shillings, each. As the men have better than average competence, Foreman Gebbrik shows the DWAC the finance ledger and explains the numbers, so that it is not necessary to physically carry so many coins. The numbers make sense.

The interesting approach to negotiation proves a futile tactic when dealing with a skeptic. "Ha! Nice try. Don't work for free, but I like you guys. I will go a 20% discount for you."
StyleCoverHinderDeflectSoakCost
Pliable Tunic602463192
Light Boots2064232
Light Belt1034216
Pliable Tunic602463192
Pliable Tunic602463192
After a few days of enjoying being in town but before becoming antsy, Foreman Gebbrik comes to the men. "Normally we trade with a Kozzog community about once a cycle. They come to us from the north, on the eastern side of the Dragon's Spine. They bring titanium in exchange for tools. It is a good trade. They have not come this year. We do not know exactly where they reside, but it must be farther than two days' travel. I would like you to check on this community. No need to carry trade. It may be that the vein played out, but I think it best to investigate. What say you?"
OOC: All characters receive 5 DP and improve in written Orngaddrin by 10%

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Taka nods, "I would be happy to go."

Taka's new equipment leaves him with 47 shillings to spare. He will inquire about picking up a few javelins, but he will ask if stone spearheads can be made, instead of the metal ones; if asked why, he will cite the traditions of his people, who revere the old ways, and whom consider the stone spearheads to be sacred, since they are of the earth.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Coldtree: full wellness
Harnin arrows: 17
Tunic: 60 - 2 - 2 - 3 = 53
Taka: full wellness
Hauberk: 60 - 3 = 57
Boots: 20 - 7 = 14
Coins:

Animal Parts:

Ores:

Plants:

Stone:

Oddities:
nothing here
Taka nods...
Coldtree nods...
GM: Stone weapons are not available by market. If desired, they must be manufactured or located by the character.

Taking a couple of days to relax seems in order. Feeling refreshed and having gathered desired supplies, the crew departs early in the morning. A fog is heavily settled upon the ground that morning, but the road is known, and dangers are not suspected. By mid morning the fog has burned off and the risen sun is bright in the face of the eastern direction.
3E75A246-D2A0-42BC-9253-E34A514241B7.jpeg
Coming out of the pass, the DWAC notes that there is a foot path lying along a northerly route beside the mountains. It is not much used by people but probably serves opportunity for animals.
perception + analysis
Coldtree: 18 + 26 = 44
Taka: 21 + 22 = 43
Lunnaya: 26 + 23 = 49
Of all the ironic events that could occur, mid afternoon of the first day, strolling in the middle of the path is nothing other than an ambling skunk, but it appears a bit larger than the one from the past.

OOC: Each character receives 5 DP.

MID is for Midway. The numbers are mine shafts.

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Coldtree shrugs and lets lightning play over his fingers as he says, "Target practice, might be useful. I'm staying at distance attacks, though. I'm not getting sprayed again."
85, 25

MacConnell

Coins:

Animal Parts:

Ores:

Plants:

Stone:

Oddities:
nothing here
Taka... "... rematch...."
Coldtree... "... I'm staying at distance..."
Tehn smiles a wry grin. "Rematch? Ha! I have no intention of fighting fair. Sprayed once was enough for me too. I think I can roast it from here."

The skunk continues to amble toward the party, unconcerned, but it is merely an animal. Instinct gives it a sense of superiority. It cannot know the capacity for mystical talent harbored by a person, or more specifically some people.

The rematch is over and done in a few heartbeats. The insides of the animal are heated and cooked with acid without it being able to do anything other than lay over. Though having more lifeforce than the two previously encountered, possibly equal to both of those combined, the skunk was not offered the opportunity to get close enough to use its spray. Vital fluids spill from its mouth, nostrils, and tail end as it lays in the path.
anatomy + clarity + d100
Lunnaya: 37 + 24 + 80 = 141 - 80(difficulty) = 61%
Of the three, Tehn has the most skill at cleaning animals and does a moderately competent job of collecting the hide but is unable to collect the scent gland, once again being sprayed in the process. He grits his teeth, spits, and then manipulates chemical waylines, at which he is most talented, to negate the effect. He offers the animals thumb claws to whomever might want them but keeps the tail of the animal for himself.
OOC: standard leather: coverage 24%, max value 48
fowler claws: 1 pair

Feeling successfully compensated for the past failure, despite the cleaning mishap, the DWAC continues on until late afternoon. Here the path splits, one diverting uphill back toward the eastern peaks. The inclined path seems to be the correct one to follow, come morning.

Once a small cookfire has been made and suitable places are being scoped for sleep, attention is called toward the flatter path, from the scraping sound of smaller animals walking, later accompanied by verbal noises that sound vaguely like a rodent. Now visible and moving toward the campsite are a pair of never before seen animals of similar size to the previously killed skunk. These are brown and their hide seems to be covered with giant cactus spines.
974A0131-EC73-4789-B102-28571C5520DB.jpeg

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Coldtree laughs at the strange animal. Practicing his Centrin, he says, "What shall we call these things? Needle rats?" Since he never saw the point of being needlessly aggressive towards animals, he is content to let these critters go on their own way.

MacConnell

Coins:

Animal Parts:
Snakeskin: 20% coverage, max value 50
Standard Leather: 24% coverage, max value 48

Ores:

Plants:

Stone:

Oddities:
nothing here
Coldtree laughs at the strange animal.. he is content to let these critters go on their own way.
OOC: Posting on behalf of Tellerian Hawke.
Taka said:
Taka lifts his eyebrows at the strange pair of rodents, then moves out of their direct line of travel, peaceably watching them go by.
Tehn nods twice. "Needle rats seems befitting."

He climbs atop a boulder and watches them continue down the path from which the DWAC members had arrived. Once the pair of varmints is about 5 strides distant, he can't seem to help himself. He takes a stone and tosses it at them. It lands with an unnaturally loud, booming sound. The two rodents hop sideways and sling a barrage of quills. Perhaps it is nearsightedness, but as everyone is plenty distant from being struck with a quill, the two calm and continue on away.

Tehn laughs. "That was interesting. I hope we do not catch one of those in a snare." He then proceeds to set some snares in hopes of fresh meat for the morrow.

Remove ads