Mike Schley's MASSIVE Forgotten Realms Map From SCAG!

Cartographer Mike Schley has posted the enormous map of Northwest Faerûn from the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. It's poster sized (10,200 x 6,600 pixels, or a 34-page PDF) or you can get the Artists Print version shipped to you in the form of a poster map. "This new absolutely massive map of D&D's Sword Coast and Northwestern Faerûn was commissioned by Wizards of the Coast to accompany their 5th Edition D&D game supplement Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. lead your adventures through his exhaustive map of The Forgotten Realms' most Iconic lands and make sure to let it inspire some truly fantastic storytelling."

Cartographer Mike Schley has posted the enormous map of Northwest Faerûn from the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. It's poster sized (10,200 x 6,600 pixels, or a 34-page PDF) or you can get the Artists Print version shipped to you in the form of a poster map. "This new absolutely massive map of D&D's Sword Coast and Northwestern Faerûn was commissioned by Wizards of the Coast to accompany their 5th Edition D&D game supplement Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. lead your adventures through his exhaustive map of The Forgotten Realms' most Iconic lands and make sure to let it inspire some truly fantastic storytelling."
The print version ($10-$54, depending on size) is here, and the digital version ($10) is here.

schley_fr.jpg

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
ANd then you would something have to put it together so it looked good. Not to mention porting it around (No idea how to do that. Also maps you put together like that dont tend to last.

pukunui

Legend
That's just half of Faerun. I was hoping for a World Map. We'll never see an official one of those I guess. But I guess that would require a Toril book...which we will never see. *sigh*
I dunno. Looking at the edges of the map, I get the impression that Mike has actually put together even more than what's in this expanded map. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's at least done a basic outline of the whole of Faerûn for future reference. All his maps line up so nicely, it seems hard to believe that he'd do each one from scratch. I think he must have an even more massive template than what's been published.

During the events of the latest Forgotten Realms novels. The Drow wanting to get back at the Dwarves of the Silver Marches for defeating them in the past. Attempted to have Many Arrows fight the War for them. Obould XVIII the current king was not keen on the idea. The Drow responded to this by having him poisoned at a feast and framing his eldest son, heir and fellow moderate Lorgru for the crime. Resulting in Lorgru's exile. They then aided in putting a warmongering puppet named Hartusk in charge. The Orcs had good results for a while but eventually made too many mistakes and the Dwarf holds banded together to defeat them and the Drow. Lorgru eventually returned from his exile and took his throne back and aided in defeating Hartusk. The Dwarves however refused Lorgru's attempts to sue for peace and forced him and his followers out of the silver marches.

It's better if you just read Archmages sample chapter which features the meeting with Lorgru after they won the war.

pukunui

Legend
Ah well, I guess the SCAG doesn't take any of that into account, so you can either have it be there or not there, depending on whether or not you want to include what happens in the novels in your D&D campaign.

Ah well, I guess the SCAG doesn't take any of that into account, so you can either have it be there or not there, depending on whether or not you want to include what happens in the novels in your D&D campaign.

The implied year for SCAG is 1489 or 1490. The events I just described happened in 1486 so it's possible it could have risen again. Given that it is on the map it will probably get a paragraph or two in the book.

Blackwarder

Adventurer
I don't think that many arrows disappeared, I think they were just pushed back deeper into the mountains.
You can see that many arrow keep disappeared from the map.

Am I the only one that wants a forgotten realms atlas app for the iPad and PC?

Warder

Remove ads

Remove ads