• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mike Schley's MASSIVE Forgotten Realms Map From SCAG!

Cartographer Mike Schley has posted the enormous map of Northwest Faerûn from the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. It's poster sized (10,200 x 6,600 pixels, or a 34-page PDF) or you can get the Artists Print version shipped to you in the form of a poster map. "This new absolutely massive map of D&D's Sword Coast and Northwestern Faerûn was commissioned by Wizards of the Coast to accompany their 5th Edition D&D game supplement Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. lead your adventures through his exhaustive map of The Forgotten Realms' most Iconic lands and make sure to let it inspire some truly fantastic storytelling."

Cartographer Mike Schley has posted the enormous map of Northwest Faerûn from the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. It's poster sized (10,200 x 6,600 pixels, or a 34-page PDF) or you can get the Artists Print version shipped to you in the form of a poster map. "This new absolutely massive map of D&D's Sword Coast and Northwestern Faerûn was commissioned by Wizards of the Coast to accompany their 5th Edition D&D game supplement Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. lead your adventures through his exhaustive map of The Forgotten Realms' most Iconic lands and make sure to let it inspire some truly fantastic storytelling."
The print version ($10-$54, depending on size) is here, and the digital version ($10) is here.

schley_fr.jpg

Jeff Carlsen

Adventurer
Hiya!

Bolded... if you're talking FR only. I think you are right. FR fans are gonna love this! :)

But, if you mean "any" D&D campaign setting... I'm afraid us Greyhawkers have a wonderful cartographer who goes by the name of Anna B. Meyer. She's made a map of the Flanaes (GH's core stomping ground), all absolutely FREE. Here is a list to the "big multi-page'er. Each of those squares is 3000px (or, 10" x 10" @ 300dpi). http://ghmaps.net/greyhawk-maps/flanaess-3000-pixel-squares/ Yeah, that means it would print out at somewhere around 100"x80" or so...a "bit" bigger than 36"x24". :) I suppose you could print it at 600dpi...but that'd still make it an extra-large map of 50"x40" or so. One of these days (maybe next year, tax returns! :) ) I'm gonna have to print these out as 10"x10" sheets, put them together, and get them laminated. That'd make an amazing wall mural! :drool:

^_^

Paul L. Ming

They may actually be closer to equal from a scale perspective, as this map is just the northwest corner of Ferun.

smiteworks

Explorer
I want a version where i can turn on and off weather patterns, trade routs, mining and resource information, zoom in on cities, demographics, the ability to drop pins with costum information, and being able to add to it, for example, I'll be willing to buy a DLC with all of the maps for ToD or PotA, or OotA.
As much as I want a physical setting book for FR I think that by the year 2015 a living birthing electronic atlas is a much better choice.

Warder

The Fantasy Grounds version has push-pins that bring up detailed information about locations on the maps. These might include additional maps of the cities and background information that you can further enhance as needed.

The release date for that won't be until 11/3 to coincide with the general release of the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide though.

jgsugden

Legend
It'd be great if WotC put maps like this up on their site and allowed people to log in and "pin" where their adventuring party is.... allowing DMs running games in similar areas to reach out and discuss ideas....

pukunui

Legend
Just FYI: I asked Mike on Twitter why some of the cities didn't have markers (the black dots), and he said it looked like they'd been accidentally left off, so he's going to put up a corrected version.

Blackwarder

Adventurer
The Fantasy Grounds version has push-pins that bring up detailed information about locations on the maps. These might include additional maps of the cities and background information that you can further enhance as needed.

The release date for that won't be until 11/3 to coincide with the general release of the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide though.

When could I get it on my iPad?????????????

Warder

Hutchimus Prime

Adventurer
I want a version where i can turn on and off weather patterns, trade routs, mining and resource information, zoom in on cities, demographics, the ability to drop pins with costum information, and being able to add to it, for example, I'll be willing to buy a DLC with all of the maps for ToD or PotA, or OotA.
As much as I want a physical setting book for FR I think that by the year 2015 a living birthing electronic atlas is a much better choice.

Warder

That would be very cool. I'd buy that for a dollar.

dave2008

Legend
Hiya!

Bolded... if you're talking FR only. I think you are right. FR fans are gonna love this! :)

But, if you mean "any" D&D campaign setting... I'm afraid us Greyhawkers have a wonderful cartographer who goes by the name of Anna B. Meyer. She's made a map of the Flanaes (GH's core stomping ground), all absolutely FREE. Here is a list to the "big multi-page'er. Each of those squares is 3000px (or, 10" x 10" @ 300dpi). http://ghmaps.net/greyhawk-maps/flanaess-3000-pixel-squares/ Yeah, that means it would print out at somewhere around 100"x80" or so...a "bit" bigger than 36"x24". :) I suppose you could print it at 600dpi...but that'd still make it an extra-large map of 50"x40" or so. One of these days (maybe next year, tax returns! :) ) I'm gonna have to print these out as 10"x10" sheets, put them together, and get them laminated. That'd make an amazing wall mural! :drool:

^_^

Paul L. Ming

I'm not saying it justifies the cost, but from a quick glance I think Mike's is a significant upgrade to Anna's in terms of quality.

Remove ads

Remove ads